• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hiatal hernias

Jamosc

Has anyone had a hiatal hernia repaired at the same time and how do you choose a consultant who is good. I have heard mr audun siggurdson is really good had anybody had him do their operation?

Hi I had my op done on Wednesday banding and had hernia repaired at the same time. I didn't know I had a hernia but luckily my fantastic surgeon mr super repaired for me. The hernia is quite painful but am getting on now just have to take care for a few months so it doesnt pop again.

:confused:
Has anyone had a hiatal hernia repaired at the same time and how do you choose a consultant who is good. I have heard mr audun siggurdson is really good had anybody had him do their operation?[/QUOTE

I think I read a post on here last nioght where some one said she had her hernia repaired at the same time but don't know what op she had. sorry, just trawl through them. xx :mad: Sorry KAY just popped up think it might have been her post i read sorry. xx

Mr super repaired my hernia at the same time as my band. Fab, two ops for the price of one LOL. Its great now because I can eat spicy or acidic food, and even drink alcohol without any pain. No more antacid tablets either. I do feel where it was repaired, the scar tissue is pretty hard ... Feels like a small golf ball close to my rib cage, but it is not visible :) happy days - hope you recover well x

Hi Michelle you look great. Dud you suffer from your hernia acid reflux from your hernia or any symptoms. Did the they do the Nissan fundoplication wrap on your stomach?

I had a hernia repair at the same time as my bypass all went well x

Sent from my GT-I9000 using WLSurgery

I also had a hiatus hernia repair at the same time as my sleeve. Mr. Sufi my surgeon said he thought I might have a hernia when I told him at the first consult, that I'd had a chronic cough for years on end. Now it's mostly gone, I'm so happy!

Jamosc said:
Has anyone had a hiatal hernia repaired at the same time and how do you choose a consultant who is good. I have heard mr audun siggurdson is really good had anybody had him do their operation?

I had hiatal hernia but my surgeon did not repair mine when I had my sleeve done , he said they just pull it down to do the sleeve but suffer from reflux x

I had a repair at same time as bypass. Didn't know i had hiatus hernia, but looking back I don't know how I didn't know! I've never had acid since having op, even after drinking fruit juice, which used to cripple me!

Sent from my Galaxy SII using WLSurgery

Hi Michelle you look great. Dud you suffer from your hernia acid reflux from your hernia or any symptoms. Did the they do the Nissan fundoplication wrap on your stomach?

Yes I did suffer from bad acid and constant coughing. No more. I don't know what the wrap you are taking about is though, sorry for being a numpty :)

I also had a hiatus hernia repair at the same time as my sleeve. Mr. Sufi my surgeon said he thought I might have a hernia when I told him at the first consult, that I'd had a chronic cough for years on end. Now it's mostly gone, I'm so happy!
Ruthiep..... was you charged extra for the hernia repair?? Im with Mr Sufi and he had mentioned to me about a hiatus hernia :( thanks x

Back