• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone else having op at Dolan Park on 27th October?

Kazcita

Hey folks

Newbie here, just thought I'd introduce myself and see if anyone else is having an op next Monday (27th October) at Dolan Park? My surgeon is Mr Siggurdson, a quick glance at the site shows many people have had him before which is reassuring!

I'm 25 and from Belfast in Northern Ireland. I have a BMI of over 45 so things were pretty desperate so I saw Mr Siggurdson and a co-ordinator called Judy Eastwood a few weeks ago and after much thought decided to go for a gastric band operation. I'm excited about losing some weight but terrified of the op too :(

I am staying in Ladybird Lodge the night before but am going alone as what with the cost of the operation money is a bit tight! I actually haven't told anyone other than my partner about the operation, but he has been great about it.

Anyway, hope to hear from some of you. Great to come across this site, it's lovely to know I'm not alone :)

Love

Kaz xxx

Hi Kaz, good luck on your upcoming op. How u feeling about it?? I`m having my band at Dolan Park buts the day after yours. So as your leaving I`ll b sat in reception nervously!!! A girl on here ( Deebol ) is at Dolan Park the same day as you - I`m sure she`ll b along to chat to u soon. I`m having mine done with Dr Paul Super but I spoke to Judy on Sunday. She must be advisor for both dr`s. I`m staying at the ladybird but my hubbys coming too along with my two kids so I`ll b going to Dolan Park on my own - he`ll visit later with the kids. Not got a sitter cos I too have told no one apart from hubby and if I was to get anyone to babysit they`d have to know a reason y!! ( Saves lying to people ) What pre op diet r u on, and how u doing with it??

Hey LancsLass, thanks for your reply, sorry I will miss you but hope all goes well for you! Am on the milk/yoghurt diet, I started it today - was told seven days before op by Judy. I have managed alright so far I suppose but I could murder a bag of McCoys believe me!!! How are you finding yours? Hope all is going well for you so far :) xx

Hey LancsLass, thanks for your reply, sorry I will miss you but hope all goes well for you! Am on the milk/yoghurt diet, I started it today - was told seven days before op by Judy. I have managed alright so far I suppose but I could murder a bag of McCoys believe me!!! How are you finding yours? Hope all is going well for you so far :) xx
Thanx hun and good luck to you too, though I`m sure everything will b fine. I`m not feeling too bad about the milk diet as yet ( only my 2nd day ). I`ve not had any hunger pangs as yet which I`m VERY surprised about. Gonna weigh myself Monday so I`ll let u know how I get on and vice versa. Good luck for Monday although I`ll prob speak to u again before then lol

Hi Dee, well might just see you there - will look out for you. I don't have a picture of myself at the computer I'm using today but should be back at my normal one tomorrow or Thursday so will add an avatar then! You're right, Dr Sigurdson seems lovely - he put me very much at ease. He and Judy were over here, in a town called Holywood just outside Belfast. I don't know how often he is over but Judy seems to be over quite a bit. I have paid for the aftercare package as well and according to Judy everything should take place in and around Belfast so thankfully no extra expenditure on flights etc.

Good luck to you and LancsLass with the milk diet - I was OK yesterday but today was not so good. I am not that hungry, but I have had really bad cravings for just about any type of food I am not meant to eat lol. At least it's only temporary, though of course we'll have to stick to liquids for a fortnight after the operation - will be sick to death of them!

Will let you know if I have lost anything before op. Will almost certainly talk to you before next week but if not very best of luck to you both :) xo

Hiya,

Well second day and am ok little bit hungry am craving something dunno what, think its cajun chicken!!! Yeah will see you at Dolan Park then Dr Sig said the people with diabetits (spelling) etc will go down first and said I will prob be one of the last (hope he's not too tired by then!!!!). Im driving there on my own, think my hubby and mom coming on the night and hubby will then drive my car back. How much weight you got to lose?

Dee x

Hiya,

Well second day and am ok little bit hungry am craving something dunno what, think its cajun chicken!!! Yeah will see you at Dolan Park then Dr Sig said the people with diabetits (spelling) etc will go down first and said I will prob be one of the last (hope he's not too tired by then!!!!). Im driving there on my own, think my hubby and mom coming on the night and hubby will then drive my car back. How much weight you got to lose?

Dee x
Probably I'll be fairly late too then as luckily I don't have diabetes or anything like that either...hope we don't have to wait about in reception all day!!!

I'm nearly 19 stone so need to a lot! Personally I'd be quite happy being about 12 or 13 stone (or maybe a dress size 16) but for health reasons, in the long-term, I'm aiming for even lower, about 10.5 or 11. But for the next few months I'd be happy to just lose a few dress sizes - I'm currently a 24.

How about you? Are you excited about the operation or nervous? Or both, like me?!

Take care

K xo

Probably I'll be fairly late too then as luckily I don't have diabetes or anything like that either...hope we don't have to wait about in reception all day!!!

I'm nearly 19 stone so need to a lot! Personally I'd be quite happy being about 12 or 13 stone (or maybe a dress size 16) but for health reasons, in the long-term, I'm aiming for even lower, about 10.5 or 11. But for the next few months I'd be happy to just lose a few dress sizes - I'm currently a 24.

How about you? Are you excited about the operation or nervous? Or both, like me?!

Take care

K xo

Hiya im exactly the same as you im a size 24 now and my target is a size 16. Thats why Ive put less to lose than you, I put to lose 7 stone that will take me to 13 stone. Maybe I will want to go smaller when I get there but at the moment that sounds like heaven to me.

I think by reading peeps on here you get to go to your room, Im taking a good book to read as I think we will have a wait on our hands. Thats why I didnt want anyone with me I cant see the point really.

Im excited no nerves yet but still got 5 days to go!!! ARRRGGGHH.

I'm the opposite end of the scale with telling people, nearly everyone I know knows im having it done.

Dee xx

Hiya im exactly the same as you im a size 24 now and my target is a size 16. Thats why Ive put less to lose than you, I put to lose 7 stone that will take me to 13 stone. Maybe I will want to go smaller when I get there but at the moment that sounds like heaven to me.

I think by reading peeps on here you get to go to your room, Im taking a good book to read as I think we will have a wait on our hands. Thats why I didnt want anyone with me I cant see the point really.

Im excited no nerves yet but still got 5 days to go!!! ARRRGGGHH.

I'm the opposite end of the scale with telling people, nearly everyone I know knows im having it done.

Dee xx
Yeah, I totally agree - I would be thrilled to be a size 16. If my weight loss stops there I'll really be happy, but if in the long-term I could shift a bit more then I'll try. We'll see how it goes.

I'll be digging out a couple of decent books and will bring along my MP3 player too...no wait is tolerable without these things!

Well, I'm away for today but I'll check in here again tomorrow and see how everyone's getting on. Good luck with the next day of the diet!

Kaz xo

Back