• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

High cal liquids

dinkydink

Well heres a question i thought id never ask. Im not getting enough calories.. Can anyone recommend any high calorie liquid?? I'm only getting about 600 calories a day (I'm 5 days post op band) I can't fit any more in me!! Finding it practically impossible to get enough water/fluids too. help!!!

Don't worry for now is what I would say. Work your way up. Soon getting in 800 Cals will be easy x

Yes don't try and push yourself too much at this stage. Drink low cal fluids, watch the pounds melt off. You'll be happy you did; the opposite problem happens all too soon!

Not sure on banding but the main thing is protien for bypasses.. i foudn that one out the hard way

I wouldn't worry at this stage so long as you're listening to your body. Once healed in a week or so hunger will return and you'll up the intake as a matter of course.
If you can go for milky coffees, as that helps from a cal and protein perspective, which is a big helper in losing! Xx

Yes it's very early days and your appetite will return soon enough, but there's no harm in upping your protein intake from having a milky drink every so often. That really seemed to help my weight loss. And I still do it now if I feel I have not had enough calories in the day. I thought really long and hard about my strategy for weight loss long term, and that included not going too low in calories which could end up ruining my metabolism and then not be sustainable. Let your body guide you :)

Thank you for you replies! I think it's nutrients I'm worried about isn't it! Milk it is :)
You lot are just wonderful I hope you know that! X

dinkydink said:
Thank you for you replies! I think it's nutrients I'm worried about isn't it! Milk it is :)
You lot are just wonderful I hope you know that! X

So are you dinky :D we are all wonderful together xxx

Back