• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

oh bugger

serenitylove

well i can saftly say my band is too tight:( after 4 days its not easing at all i cant drink more than a few mouthfulls sipped i still cant manage more than 5 spoons of soup or any solid food , but im starting to feel a bit pants for it now, i can sip water thru day but im not getting anywhere near enough i even just sucked some chocolate just to get a few cals in to keep me going . can anyone think of anything worth trying liquid wise with some nutrition to it , i dont like yogurt only thing with form iv managed is half a low cal creme caramel, will ring christine tomoro but i dont think there a clinic on mon and tuesdays so need some ideas to keep me going . on a birhgt side dropped 5lbs in 4 days!

hi i think your right to have a de fill, try some blended home made chicken and veg soup, or have a meal replacement shake just take the sips slowly, when your tight like this though water is more important than food as dehydration can take hold of you very quickly, i hope they can fit you in soon. keep a bottle of water with you all the time and take little sips as often as possible, try not to have anything that will make you vomit as wretching will cause pouch sensitivity.

liz x

hi i think your right to have a de fill, try some blended home made chicken and veg soup, or have a meal replacement shake just take the sips slowly, when your tight like this though water is more important than food as dehydration can take hold of you very quickly, i hope they can fit you in soon. keep a bottle of water with you all the time and take little sips as often as possible, try not to have anything that will make you vomit as wretching will cause pouch sensitivity.

liz x

i think il go get some meal repacements shakes but will focus more on the water it takes a fe hours to get a glass down im not feeling dehydrated yet but i know much longer of this andd i will im just feeling gratefull the water going down at all , i had a ml in gona ask for half to come out, its funny at times i used to think it would begreat only eating a few mouths and that it but the reality is not much fun!

1/2 a mil out should make a difference to what your intake is but you should still have good restriction, a tight band isnt good for anyone and defeats the point of the band being there, i hope you get sorted soon.

liz x

Hi Serenity

The made up slim fasts are on offer at Tesco's 2 for £2, usually £1.27 each if you like them.

Hope you get it sorted soon!

hope you get it sorted soon and feel a bit better

Hi Serenity, hope you get things sorted soon. What a pain in the a*rse for you x

Hi Serenity, I'm going through exactly the same as you are right now and have persevered for 8 weeks. I can't take it any longer and I'm ringing the nurse tomorrow to get booked in for a defill of 1ml. Keep up the drinks even though it takes hours to get a glass of water down.
I have left it far too long thinking it would help with the weight loss but I was so wrong.I did'nt losse anything last month even though I'd eaten nothing. Don't make my mistake, get that defill booked.Good luckxx

didnt think about it i guess the body goes into starvation mode, i would have stuck with it presuming im losing loads too....
get it sorted serenity x

hope it gets sorted soon, but keep sipping the water till it does

can I jump in please..?

sorry to barge in half way through tread... I am new and was trying to find the members who have had bands.... it looks like that is you lot!
Had a band fitted a few months ago and it seems to be going well(ish) I can understand what last lady is going through as have been unable to keep anything down since last fill over two weeks ago and then all of a sudden two days ago it all started to get better. can now eat again VERY slow, and very small amounts but at least its going down...
Am living in newport south wales and looking for anyone who is local...it is hard at times as the only person who knows about op is hubby, not even kids know!!!:wave_cry:

Hi Serenity, I'm going through exactly the same as you are right now and have persevered for 8 weeks. I can't take it any longer and I'm ringing the nurse tomorrow to get booked in for a defill of 1ml. Keep up the drinks even though it takes hours to get a glass of water down.
I have left it far too long thinking it would help with the weight loss but I was so wrong.I did'nt losse anything last month even though I'd eaten nothing. Don't make my mistake, get that defill booked.Good luckxx

how you managed that long is beyond me babe im gona cry if i have to wait a few more days lol i have dropped a few pounds but i know that it wont carry on let me know how you get on

Don't know how banding works know your struggling with fluids, could you suck on ice cubes in between? Just so you've got fluids going in all the while? Just a thought and probably not very helpful xx

Don't know how banding works know your struggling with fluids, could you suck on ice cubes in between? Just so you've got fluids going in all the while? Just a thought and probably not very helpful xx

just what i was going to suggest also fruit lollies - delmonte do lovely ones.

i had same prob (not quite as tight though) and had defill after 2 wks. 1/2 mil made all the difference.
good luck with yours

how you managed that long is beyond me babe im gona cry if i have to wait a few more days lol i have dropped a few pounds but i know that it wont carry on let me know how you get on

I'll will let you know. I think my problem has been the huge fills. I had 5ml 1st then 4 weeks later they removed that and put in 7.5ml. I saw on your thread that you only have .5 ml at a time in yours.Strange how each hospital works differently. I am now so fed up of having to vomit after every mouthful. I have even chewed my food then spat it into a tissue just so I could feel like I was eating because everything gets stuck.Good luck with getting that defillxxx

Back