• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hiya. Newbie

Celticfrost

Hiya. Just found MiniMins and been lurking a couple of days. lol.

Had my band done at Nuffield in Leeds by Prof McMahon from the Hospital Group. Love that man!!
All I remember is going down to surgery with gown and paper nickers on but only had gown on when woke up. lol. My first words were ' was my liver small enough'. Think I must have been so paranoid that my liver wouldn't be small enough to operate, that I stuck to the milk and yoghurt diet the week before.
Coming up to my first year on the 22 April and its totally changed my life. Lost 6 1/2 stone now.

Was struggling just before xmas with the new me. Just couldn't see it, though everybody was saying I look great. I was a size 24 top, now I'm a 12 and size 18 bottom to a size 10. whoop whoop. chuffed to bits.

Anyway I'm rattling on. Nice to meet you all and wish I'd found this forum earlier on to chat.x

Last edited:
Welcome to Mini's :) Well done on your loss so far, thats really great!

welcome to minis, congratulations on your weight loss achievement so far !

liz x

welcome to mini's this is a great place to drop by, for adives and to see how iothers are handling their WLS.

Congrats on the weight loss so far, it does take some getting used to thinking you are smaller. I have also been struggling with that and i am only 3 months post op

Hiya & welcome to our little weight loss surgery family. The people on here have lots of brilliant advice & are there to support you when you need it.

Fantastic weight loss, you must be so proud. The band is hard work and it looks like you have really made it work for you. Good going! The new you will eventually be your new best friend, it just takes a bit of time for it all to sink in.

Nic;)

Hi. Thank you. Its just nice to know that your not by yourself, I don't know anybody else thats had the surgery.
My OH has been absolutely brilliant through this, taken over ours lives really. He's now got use to the size portions,(he does all the cooking) knows my facial expressions if I'm having problems eating, not chewed that mouthful properly. lol. but its going to be lovely to talk to other banders who are going through it or about to step into the unknown.
I've had 3 fills now, last one in January. Taken me up to 8 (10mm band). Has anybody had more then 8 which looked a hell of alot when they where putting it in.

hello and welcome and well done on the loss so far. Nearly at taeget i see. can i ask you how yr skin is 12 months down the line?

such a big loss bet ur life has changed so much .. congrats hun and welcome to minimins.. keep it up hun ... xx

Welcome and to echo others WOW you have done so well....your an inspiration to me as I need to loose a similar amount and my goal is also similar......I had my band last weekend and its so comforting to know that by next easter I could be close to goal....

hi and welcome. well done so far keep going

Ali

Hiya
LOLOL sorry Hopelesscase had to laugh. Was only asked that same question last week. Amazingly I've sprung back all over. Just a couple of small ripples on my stomach have just appeared this last month. Thats going to be down to exercise to tone up, now.
But I've told OH if my boobs end up on the floor, as I have lost some muscle mass there then I'm going to have them done. lolol

Back