• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hiya

tynckas

I am Dawn,
I have just had a gastric bypass 5/12/09, would love to get in touch with others who are in the same boat..

Hiya dawn congratulations on your bypass how you feeling? what area are you from, im due to have a bypass day after tomorrow so will catch up with you after that x

Hi Dawn, nice to meet you.

Hope you are recovering well from your surgery. Who was your surgeon? How did it all go?

Look forward to getting to know you x

Hiya & thanks for your messages....
I am form Basildon in Essex.
I had my bypass done @ the Hommerton Hospital in London, Mr Manuur was my surgeon....
I seem to be recovering well, & have a check up tomorrow...
Look forward tp catching up again with you all soon.
Dawn

Hiya Dawn - welcome to the site. Hope your feeing well. Get in touch xx

Good luck Rybens with your bypass... I'll look forward to hearing how it goes...

Thank you everyone for your lovely messages...
I am from Basildon in Essex & had my op at the Hommerton Hospital in London... I was under Mr Manuur...
I had a check up today & all seems to be progressing well... but I know I'm taking my first baby steps on a long road, which I am excited about travelling.

Hey congratulations, you had your bypass on my 42nd birthday lol...

How are you feeling? I look forward to hearing all about your journey from start and the highs n lows from hereonin... if thats one word, if not apols to the english language students lol..

Welcome xx

Hiya Julie,

Happy Birthday for the 5th LOL....

I have various medical problems, & felt that by loosing weight would give my body more chance to fight my other conditions without the complications of carrying extra weight... so applied to surgery... didn't origionally get funding, by the won it on appeal, I had my first appointment at the Hommerton in London, April 2009.
After having 3 appointments in that first week... I didn't hear any more until I had an appointment for pre-op assessment 30/11/09 .... then a few days later a surgery date for the 5/12/09 arrived....

I followed the yoghurt & ww soup diet for 2 weeks 5 days, prior to surgery.

The surgery itself was uneventful, although I did have a few problems, these were due to my existing medical conditions, but the staff were fantastic & looked after me well, I was discharged on day 6, 10/12/09... I have been gaining in strength every day... & all is going well for me.
From April - Dec '09 I have lost a total of 44lbs.... and am looking forward to each day now..

I am at this moment still on the post-op liquid diet, but coping well... but now looking forwards to starting stage 2, which I can start on Saturday...

How are you doing with things...

Hiya Dawn, was great to see you at the hospital today. Welcome to the site, its a great source of information.

Hi Dawn and welcome to the site, im having my bypass on thursday looking forward to see how you go:)
Glad to hear that you had no complications with the surgery and wish you a continued recovery:)

Sharon xx

hiya welcome to WLS, congrats on you op and glad to hear you are progressing ok look foward to getting to know you :)

Back