• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone in London for gastric sleeve

DavinaB

Hi I'm Davina. I live in London and having a gastric sleeve on the 23rd of this month. Would love to get in touch with people who are about to start their journey or those that I going through it

Hi there, I am in London and had my sleeve operation at Spire Riding (central line).
I live in London NW.
D
Good luck with your op

Hi I am in living in London,I am under the Whittington hospital north London,under Dr Sufi,have been through all the tests and checks just waiting for my date for my gastric sleeve

I'm at UCLH. Waiting to see if I've been passed by the MDT. There seems to be quite a few hospitals in London that do wls.

Hey shelly! I had a sleeve with Mr Sufi 6 months ago. He's brilliant! I've had no problems after the initial healing period and can eat pretty much anything - just small amounts.

Hi purplepippa,great to hear from you,and to know everything has gone so well.I was going to have a band but as I am on a lot of medication,blood pressure and epilepsy and I couldn't tolerate the liquid form of epilepsy meds,Mr Sufi suggested I would be better to have a sleeve,started the process March 2014,and just waiting now for my date,am anxious now to get the op done,how did you get on with the liver shrinkage diet

Welcome Shelley,

I'm in south west London and had my sleeve done about 6 weeks ago at Kings College hospital under Professor Patel. He's really good and one of the first surgeons to do a laparoscopy. Originally I had the intention of going for a band and 2 surgeons suggested I should have the sleeve instead. I'm only in the early stages of mine but having read so many posts of people who have done so well with it a few months or years down the line, I think I've made the right choice!!

All the best with yours and hope they can work around your existing problems and ailments.

I'm West London! :)

Had my sleeve 9 months ago at St Mary's Hospital in Paddington

Amazing team and my care and aftercare has been impeccable. :D

I had no pain afterwards at all - so much so I had to check it had been done! Healing no issues at all. Wounds are almost invisible now.

I actually forget I've had anything done. Until I get full after 3/4 small hot wings in Nandos. Lol :D xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi Davina,
Had my operation at Roding Spire, which is in Essex . Prof Ammori did my operation. I am fine, 7 weeks down can eat everything, albeit in small portions.
Good luck.

I was referred in June, first group session October -at st Mary's got to physciatrist next month what happens from then, the wait is sooo long

Waiting time

Hi I've done group meeting in October met surgeon and anaesthetist got to see physiologist this month how long till I get surgery in London anyone have any idea

Had my sleeve at the Whittington hospital north london,6 months ago,first 2 months were a nightmare,not because of the op,but how my body reacted to it,I had 2 months severe post operative sickness and ended back in hospital with dehydration,6 months on and things have dramatically improved,I am now down to 12 stone,and enjoying my new life,feeling so much fitter,and my new favourite hobby is clothes shopping

Last edited:
Back