• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hiya :-)

Mlig

Hiya,

I'm new here, just found this forum and it looks fab and friendly :)

I hadn't really considered bariatric surgery until last week when I had an appointment with a surgeon about having a hernia repair. Instead of saying yes I'll repair you, he said he thought he'd refer me for bariatric surgery instead. I was a little shocked at first so he told me I go away and research it, and that instead he'd just add me to the hernia repair surgery list, and write to my gp recommending bs, and that if I decided to go ahead then if I went to my gp they'd refer me.

Ive now researched and I wish I'd just said yes to start with! The first appointment with my go I can get is over 2 weeks away :-(

Has anybody any idea what will happen now, and timescales? The dr at the hospital said it would be a couple of months, but having read bits on here I'm now thinking it will be lots longer xx

Hiya

It really does depend where you live and what your BMI is and your other health problems are on how long you wait and what the procedure is. Some areas expect you to attempt to lose weight either by yourself or with their support.

Lisa

hi and welcome make the most of the 2 week wait for your gp appointment and research so thoroughly to be sure what you want as for timescales they all vary

Hello and welcome :)

Hi and welcome xx

Back