• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Start of journey

p_relf

Hi all, I'm Paul, about two weeks ago my GP said he would refer me for weight loss surgery. Have been referred to Chichester hopefully, what is the process via NHS. He said he will refer me, so do I wait for funding letter or approval or just wait for appointment date in Chichester! Thx all. Paul

p_relf said:
Hi all, I'm Paul, about two weeks ago my GP said he would refer me for weight loss surgery. Have been referred to Chichester hopefully, what is the process via NHS. He said he will refer me, so do I wait for funding letter or approval or just wait for appointment date in Chichester! Thx all. Paul

Hi Paul. I was referred by my consultant and I received an appointment with the surgeon within three weeks. The hospital liaised with the consultant, GP and I guess the PCT. they updated all parties at every step. I assume they sorted how and who was picking up the bill between themselves. I was not involved with the finances. Hope this helps and good luck!!!! X

Thanks guys, I called GP to make sure he did referral and he sent me a letter yesterday so will see what that says not sure if good news! Thx!

Mine was the other way around I had to get the ok from my pct before I was given an appointment with the hospital, that was turned down initially and my GP and I then had t go into battle mode to change their mind!

Back