• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Referral

jo.68

Hi can someone / anyone please help me. I have been referred by my GP to a General Surgeon. He fitted my gastric band privately in 2008. It had to be removed in 2011 (worst thing ever) and subsequently I have out on 4 stone and developed a massive hernia. My GP said she can refer me for a gastric sleeve and a hernia repair and there should not be any problems ? Any info please. Thanks

Hi can someone / anyone please help me. I have been referred by my GP to a General Surgeon. He fitted my gastric band privately in 2008. It had to be removed in 2011 (worst thing ever) and subsequently I have out on 4 stone and developed a massive hernia. My GP said she can refer me for a gastric sleeve and a hernia repair and there should not be any problems ? Any info please. Thanks

Hello and welcome to the forum x x

Can I ask why you had the band removed ?? - Sorry things didnt work out for you and hopefull you get some good news about the sleeve real soon and you get your hernia repaired 2. Wishing you all the best BD xx

Hi and welcome. I'm sorry you had to have your band removed, and sorry you have a hernia, but I hope everything will work out for you.x

Thanks everyone. I was really really lucky and had a fantastic surgeon Mr Harris who fitted the band privately in 2008. The band had to be removed last year as an emergency as I couldn't keep down even a sip of water, the band fad slipped and making me really ill. Mr Harris removed the band on the NHS and I have been back to see him for follow up at Blackburn. When I last saw him in September he said he would be happy to do a sleeve at the same time as he repaired my hernia but I needed a GP referral as I live in Cumbria. So I went to see my GP. She referred me immediately and I have an appointment with Mr Harris next Wednesday at the Beardwood BMI hospital as an NHS patient. The referral letter clearly says Hernia Repair and Gastric Sleeve. What are my chances of getting this done just with a straight referral ? My consultant knows my whole journey and my full medical history. He has no objections sbd is happy to perform the op. Can it just be this straight forward ? So nice to have 'real' people to discuss this with. Thank you all so much. Your all lovely. X

Thanks everyone. I was really really lucky and had a fantastic surgeon Mr Harris who fitted the band privately in 2008. The band had to be removed last year as an emergency as I couldn't keep down even a sip of water, the band fad slipped and making me really ill. Mr Harris removed the band on the NHS and I have been back to see him for follow up at Blackburn. When I last saw him in September he said he would be happy to do a sleeve at the same time as he repaired my hernia but I needed a GP referral as I live in Cumbria. So I went to see my GP. She referred me immediately and I have an appointment with Mr Harris next Wednesday at the Beardwood BMI hospital as an NHS patient. The referral letter clearly says Hernia Repair and Gastric Sleeve. What are my chances of getting this done just with a straight referral ? My consultant knows my whole journey and my full medical history. He has no objections sbd is happy to perform the op. Can it just be this straight forward ? So nice to have 'real' people to discuss this with. Thank you all so much. Your all lovely. X

Once u see the surgeon he will have to apply for funding ( every pct has too) - Sorry to hear the band slipped, least if u get this surgery and the hernia repaired u can get your weight loss journey back on track - All the best BD X

hi, my band needs removing but they wont just remove it as it costs money, but ive been trying to get the bypass for 3 years now,
i was told i cant just get it i had to apply for funding, so i assume the same applies to you too,
i think you will have to apply to the pct before they give you the sleeve,
but im not 100% sure x

Very sorry to hear that you've had to endure eight long problem-filled years. I wish you all the very best in your quest for bypass funding x

Back