• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Waiting times from docs referral

Misheemee

Hi everyone. I have just had my initial gp appointment and she is happy to refer me for surgery. Does anyone have a rough idea of timescales for Sunderland please. I began the process about four years ago but decided it wasn't for me at that point due to life circumstances but I'm totally ready for it now. I have no other health problems except controlled/stable hypertension.

Hi and welcome! Sorry I don't know specifically about Sunderland but it will depend on your BMI whether you are referred to tier 3 (weight
Management) or straight to tier 4 for surgery.

Do a search for Sunderland and see if any previous posts give that info.

Hi and welcome! Sorry I don't know specifically about Sunderland but it will depend on your BMI whether you are referred to tier 3 (weight
Management) or straight to tier 4 for surgery.

Do a search for Sunderland and see if any previous posts give that info.
Thanks, I've tried searching Sunderland but just seems to be old threads. I don't think Sunderland has tier three and I've exhausted all weighliss solutions with gp over the last cpl of years so hoping Its straight to tier 4 and as I jave no other health problems I'm hoping for a fairly straight forward and swift process to get to surgery. Can't wait fof the initial group meeting to meet others in my area going through the same process :)

I was referred by GP in the July and attended a seminar in September (so about 2/3months). I then had a dietitian appt about 3 months later. Then started Tier 3 about 3 months later. Tier 3 takes 2 months.
I then had a letter that said I'd been approved during an MDT meeting (took another 3 months) and I got a consultant appt.
Got a gastroscopy date for 2 months later, then after gastroscopy I went on Surgery waiting list. Got a date after 3 months for end of this month eeek! Anyway, start to finish was about 18 months xx

Back