• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hoilday defill or not ???

Sarahxxx

Hi guys I'm in a bit of a dilemma ;( had my band fitted feb this year have had few probs along the way but all in all it good and have lost 4 stone :) BUT We are going on holiday (cruise) and it a holiday of a life time for us all , two weeks away cruising around the med and stoping off at some amazing places and all food and drink included soooo my provider asked me at my last fill as we were talking about my holiday if I would like a defill !!!! Now I don't know what to do , thing is I do find eating still very uncomfortable and get food stuck a lot of the time then we all know what happens then :-0 ..... I don't want to be trying to find the nearest toilet everytime I eat just incase it gets stuck BUT i also don't want to put on weight ( don't mind a few pounds ) but will it just be a lill bit or will I just go mad ? ARRRRRRRRHHHHHH don't think I can trust myself !!!!!! but I wanna taste all the lovely foods of the different places that we visit , and if I do put a bit on everyone dose on holiday and iv got the rest of my life to lose it again !!! See what I mean back and forward back and forward pros and cons , it will prob take me a few months to get the restriction I'm at now BUT I JUST WANNA RELAX AND HAVE A LOVELY HOLIDAY HELPPPP ME PLEASEEEEEEE GUYS WHAT WOULD U DO :-/ xxx

Hi

If it was me I wouln't do it. Chances are you would put more than a few pounds on and come back from the holiday feeling bad for it.

There is no reason why you cant sample most of the lovely food but just very small portions of it.

The food getting stuck bit though is going to make you anxious which could make it worse. I dont know when you are going but you could use the time to try and get back into good habbits, chewing over and over and very small mouthfulls.

It sounds fantastic, I hope you have a ball x

Hello there

If I was in your position I wouldnt do it because thats the reason I become overweight in the first place ( too many large meals) You can still sample all the local delights but with added restriction. Personally Its taken me a long time to get to almost my goal weight ( even waiting for the op and prior to going for the band when I was overweight) and I wouldnt wanna risk gaining weight with a holiday as its hard enough keeping the weight off anyway, but as I said thats me personally, what ever you choose to do you should be happy with your choice as tbh nobody can make it for you. I wish you all the best with your pending vacation and have a super duper time xxx Good Luck in what you decide - Julie xx

I hope you have a great time on holiday. Personally, I wouldn't have a defill, especially if restriction is alright. It's hard enough overcoming the psychological aspects of wls without putting yourself back to square one. However, only you can make the decision and have to live with the consequences.

I wouldn't have a defill. For me personally, I know I would go mad, I wouldn't stop eating and would feel out of control and guilty, which you don't want whilst on holiday.
Also you then have to loose it when you get home.
But....it is up to you, you know yourself better than anyone. If you can trust yourself and keep control (unlike me), why not?
I would love to go on a cruise. My mum has been on a couple and said they are fab, but also, all about the food!!

I was like that when I was on the Cambridge Diet. I went to my friends in Manchester and planned to eat and drink just for the weekend but afterwards I just could not get back on plan. I know with surgery it is slightly different but if you are doing well it is a shame to spoil it. Good luck with whatever you choose to do x

Back