• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hints and tips?

kellsbells

hi guys im due for a consultation 8th september and if all works out ok hoping to be banded 7th oct just a few questions for you,

how much does it hurt? ive had my gall bladder out and ive had a c.section is the pain as bad as these?

how long did you have off work? i am booking 1 weeks holiday will it be enough?

will i be up and about in a few days? i have a 2yr old who is like usain bolt! lol

thanks in advance and im sure ill think of some other questions along the way i hope you dont mind answering x

how much does it hurt? ive had my gall bladder out and ive had a c.section is the pain as bad as these?

I had a c-section and no, it doesn't hurt anywhere near as much. I've not experienced much pain from my scars, a couple of the larger ones are very tender but it certainly isn't "pain"

It depends on your job. I was suggested a week (and Im a week post surgery) but I am office based and could have gone back maybe a day or so ago. As it is, Im actually off until next wednesday so Im making the most of it :)

will i be up and about in a few days? i have a 2yr old who is like usain bolt! lol

Yes, you are up and about after surgery, and indeed the next morning, you may find walking etc tiring, but you are up and about as normal, its really not like a c-section where it can be a struggle afterwards :)

:)

thank you so much for answering my questions im sure ill have plenty more! how are you feeling now? are you happy with your band? one of my biggest fears is it not working or having so much trouble like 'anne diamond' its such a lot of money xx

It is a lot of money, but that for me is also a focus of why I need to work with the band and make it work. I cannot afford for it not to, because as I see it, I could have spent the money on a lot of other things.

I feel happy with my band, although Im suffering from a difficulty of being able to take on board any quantity, having gone back to clearer fluids, and avoiding dairy for a while Ive found the feeling much better.

I know that there will be ups and downs, that it wont all be like this first week in terms of weight loss or indeed the positive feelings. But it took me 7 years to get to the point of having it done and so much of it is being in the right mindset for this and the future.

:)

i know i need to put the work in with the band and that its not going to be a miracle i have to cut down and excersize i cant believe its actually happening!! im all excited and scared at the same tome good luck with it hun xxx

Hi Kell

I took a week off after my op and was fine to go back to work. The sooner you can get up and about the better, too much resting can slow down your recovery plus getting rid of the trapped wind!

I haven't had a c section but I have had major abdominal surgery twice plus 3 laparoscopies. The pain after the band was on par with the laparoscopies, a longer op though and I did need oxygen for a while after the band. Quickly felt better though when levels went back to normal.

Good luck xx

Mazza said:
Hi Kell

I took a week off after my op and was fine to go back to work. The sooner you can get up and about the better, too much resting can slow down your recovery plus getting rid of the trapped wind!

I haven't had a c section but I have had major abdominal surgery twice plus 3 laparoscopies. The pain after the band was on par with the laparoscopies, a longer op though and I did need oxygen for a while after the band. Quickly felt better though when levels went back to normal.

Good luck xx

Thanks mazza! I know they fill you with air and I sound like a wimp but that's what I'm dreading the
Most I work on an operating theatre so know going to sleep etc is fine it's the wind afterwards that's scaring me I suffer enough at the mo with wind pain under my shoulder as I speak! but dome of the stories/diaries I've read there are so
Many people struggling to lose weight even with the band?! It's so much money to still stuggle I feel like crying I just don't know xx

I took 4 weeks and had to extend it to 6 weeks, plus a phased return to work. Go easy you will feel extremely tired. You can take sick leave and on the leave just say general surgery, you don't need to tell your employer that you are having weightloss surgery.

hi guys im due for a consultation 8th september and if all works out ok hoping to be banded 7th oct just a few questions for you,

The pain from gall bladder attacks is far worse than the pain post op......although saying that it does hurt quite a bit.

I was off for 2 weeks should have been 3.

Its different for different people....I'm probably quite morngy and although during the day i was fine going to bed and being comfortable almost drove me insane.

thanks in advance and im sure ill think of some other questions along the way i hope you dont mind answering x[/QUOTE]

Back