• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Holiday 3 months post bypass

wes001

Hi Everyone,

I have a trip to Las Vegas for me and my girlfriend booked (Surprise 30th bday present) I will be about 3 months post op, will everything be ok with me travelling, this has been booked for a while now and I didn't even think of it when I got my op date.

Any help would be greatly received.

Sorry is this is the wrong section, wasn't sure where to put it.

Hi I head my bypass on June 10th, have booked a holiday September 14th. Could go tomorrow tbh :) The one thing I hope improves between now and then is the fatigue.

enjoy it.

Hi Everyone,

I have a trip to Las Vegas for me and my girlfriend booked (Surprise 30th bday present) I will be about 3 months post op, will everything be ok with me travelling, this has been booked for a while now and I didn't even think of it when I got my op date.

Any help would be greatly received.

Sorry is this is the wrong section, wasn't sure where to put it.

Hiya
I will be about 12 weeks post sleeve when I go to Florida for 2 weeks! Only thing I worry about is the tiredness which still overwhelms me!
Go and enjoy!
Good luck

Hi W001

I went two month after having a Sleeve done, everything was fine.

I would advice to wear flight socks, men or women this what my team told me.

Also you will be eating very little, just make sure you drink plenty of fluids and you will be fine.

Go and enjoy.

I was 12 wks out when I went to Florida was was on solids by then. Advice..don't eat on the plane..I did and threw up. Order children's meals. McDonald's do porridge which is good. Starbucks have hot chocolate made with milk. I was in vegas in May for 3 weeks and managed to lose 5lbs which took me down to a very low weight but it fell off with all the walking! But bottled water and sip it none stop! Have a great time.

Will you need to inform your insurance company or the airline? I'm not sure but I'm sure I've seen on here about needing to let either the airline or insurance company know you have had surgery

Will you need to inform your insurance company or the airline? I'm not sure but I'm sure I've seen on here about needing to let either the airline or insurance company know you have had surgery

I am off to Las Vegas on Monday. I am 11 weeks post op after having a bypass at Homerton - I declared this to my insurer as you have to declare any illness/operation in the last 2 years. Also declared my blood pressure which is now non medicated after my op and my husbands medicated blood pressure. Was surprised to only pay £61 for both of us on a single trip policy thought it would be much more expensive. Am hoping the tiredness doesn't hold me back!

You should be fine. Just avoid the all you can eat buffets, they're everywhere lol. Have fun, it's a fab place :)

I am going to the south of France 5 weeks out. My surgeon only agreed if I didn't drive and took regular breaks. My insurance company didn't charge anything extra, I have travel insurance with my bank card. I informed them before op but had to ring after op to arrange underwriting.

Back