• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Holiday survival

ravelling

Grateful bypasser
Well, I survived my first holiday post op :)

We spent two and a half weeks in California, Nevada and Arizona. For the first time in years I had no worries about flying. The seatbelt fitted and I had to pull it tight with a long tail left over. I put the tray down and there was room to spare. I walked up and down the aisle of the plane without shoving my bum, tummy or hips into people's faces.

Unfortunately, the plane food was totally inedible for me - everything was carb and sugar rich - so I ate my bananas from my handbag and drank water.

I did struggle a bit with eating in general during the holiday. Every meal was too big and most meals contained far more bread or carb elements than I am comfortable with. Omlettes, fruit and Mexican food became my staples. I took a lot of doggie bags home for lunch the next day too ;)

The easiest place to eat was Las Vegas, where the hotel was all-inclusive and of a very high standard.
I did indulge in a couple of glasses of wine during the trip and had a scary moment with an (allegedly) sugar-free Margarita, which caused a dumping episode.

Over the trip I didn't go near scales. On return I had mamaged to lose 5lbs, but I'm not confident of maintaining the loss into this week.

My trip was made easier by the fact that I was with my son, who is very controlled about what he eats, having lost 6 stones himself, and my husband who has to watch his weight and diet since his heart attack 3 years ago. So, there was no real temptation to binge or eat badly.

How is everyone else coping with travel this summer?

Wow well done on loosing the 5lb even on holiday! Sounds like you had a brilliant holiday..no seatbelt extension for you :D x

I went to Benicassim music festival in Spain for 10 days and lost 5lbs

Back