• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

holiday

lisa45

i am just waiting for operation date hopefully begining of febuary my husband has just told me he wants to take me to las vegas on the 30th of april does anyone know if it will be ok to fly that early after operation? plase reply asap as my husband wants to book the holiday thanks lisa

Last edited:
Hi Lisa. Which op are going for? Will it be done open or laproscopically? You would be close to 3 months out in the end of April, right? I would think you would be fine to travel by that point, you would be mostly healed by then from either op. However, you really should get your surgeons recommendation before you book travel. Open ops take longer to heal and lap bands require fills to have weight loss so you will need to consult your doc about the time frame to ensure that you will be able get your fill before your trip if you are planning on a band.

HTH

Don't forget you will need to check travel insurance. Most of them ask if you have had any procedures (includes surgery) or been treated as an inpatient within the last 6 months, so you will need to declare the surgery, which will raise the cost of the insurance.

i would have thought with band you would be fine it only takes a week or two till your completely normal again your first fill will be 6ish weeks after your band done take that into account

Back