• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Holiday gain

nikshikari

Just got back from a 2 week holiday and I gained 1lb. I am actually quite pleased with it. Would of been a lot worse pre surgery.

There's an NSV for you if ever I've seen one ;)

I'm going on hols end of august and as my family don't know about my op, I know there are certain behaviours they will expect so I know that I will have to make some unhealthy choices in order to mask all the good ones.

How did you cope with the temptations of holidays? I'd love some pointers even though I'm a bander and you're a bypasser :) I'd love to come back with at worst a 1lb gain...

I am not going to lie... The temptation is a hard thing to deal with. I had a really bad day when everyone was eating fish and chips and I couldn't. Fish really sets my pouch off. The way I have dealt with it is by having a little bit of the foods and drinks. Slush puppies were my downfall though. I am a none dumper. Wish I was then I would have a deterrent from the sugary things. All in all though I survived it. I can drink NAS energy drinks. Takes me 4 hours to drink one can rather than 30 seconds :) all in moderation is the key.

Durhamlass14 said:
I went to the USA for three weeks and came back four pound heavier which I thought was a miracle especially with the food out there.
i think you just cant eat as much as you could

That is brilliant :)

Hiya. Welcome back hun xx

1lb is fantastic! If only I could trust myself to come back 1lb lighter in August :)

Erm heavier I mean! Doh!

Back