• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

It's the final countdown......

Lippyloirston

Just back from my holiday and only put on 4lbs, totally delighted. :D Normally a two week cruise results in least a 10lb weight gain:cry:
Start my pre op diet tomorrow, and my bypass surgery is on the 1 October, any one else having surgery around that time?
I had managed to loose 35lbs, but have gained 4lbs back. Hopefully my pre op diet will give me the final push.
Received my surgery invoice in the post this morning *gulp*, never have spent this kind of money on myself before, feeling a little guilty:confused: did anyone else struggle with this prior to surgery?
Anyway going shopping to buy 'food' for my diet. :giggle:

well done and hopefully your per op will get you back on track :)

I had feelings relating to the money. My band was £7500 and I had a lot of thoughts and feelings about spending my savings on "me" although having lost what I have so far and the changes it's already made to my life and my sons it's been worth very penny!

I too am self funding and I do have pangs of guilt over spending £9k on a bypass but I figure that I'm worth it :D

Thanks. I know it will literally 'save my life' and improve the quality of it. Just having a little buyer remorse lol!

Lippy you'll be grand. I haven't looked back since my op in July. Duff will do a great job.
It's very rare that we are able to 'invest' in out health and that's exactly what this is.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Your whole family will benefit hon not to mentioned they will be so much less worried for you. It may your op, but in a way it's money spent on the whole family.

Hi Fatboyslimin, I have been wondering how you're getting along. Glad to hear you're well and happy with the result. How long did you say in hospital after your operation?

Hi I too am self funding, I just wished I did this 6yrs ago if not sooner only as im getting older I just cant loose this weight even the weighloss pills Ive been taking although they supress my apitite as soon as im off them I just put all the weight on and some more! My Surgery is on the 4th of November and I cant wait hearing all the encouraging messages here has given me that Positive Motivation. good luck.

Hi lippy. I was out 2 days post op. Op Thursday out Saturday pm. They wanted me to wait till the Sunday but I'd rather have been sore in my own bed.....

Hi Lippy,

I just wanted to wish you luck for your op, not long now. I had the bypass done on Monday and was discharged on Tuesday afternoon. But it depends on how your body responds and if there is any complications. A few of the others had to stay in an extra night. I was lucky as there is nothing quite like your own bed! Just make sure you pack your bag and be prepared to be in for a few days, just in case. Best advice is use a bag with wheels as you won't be able to lift anything! I was able to change into my own PJs late on Monday, which makes you feel so much better than wearing the hospital gown! Dont forget some shower gel & hair dryer for after your first shower. And a snugly dressing gown and fluffy slippers as you WILL be up and out of bed the day of your surgery!

Good luck with the surgery and your new life :)

Jenny x

Hi Jenny, thanks for your message. So glad to hear your surgery went well. I'm in the cr*pping my pants stage. Ever time I think about it my heart races and my stomach flips. Just want it over. Make room for me on the losers bench ;) x

Mines two days after yours, I'm pooing myself too. I'm terrified of the anaesthetic. Keep bursting into tears, at which point my husband says it's not too late to change my mind. Sigh. Sorry I'm rambling, good luck I'm sure it will all be plain sailing for us both xx

Hi clairemarie, I know how you feel. I met with my anaesthetist last Tuesday and he was lovely, really put my mind at ease. I'm more worried about waking up in pain:cry:. Just keeping myself busy, meeting friends for brunch (well watching them eat :eat:) and work on Monday will be crazy. Good luck with your surgery and a speedy recovery.

I'm in Leeds and we don't get to see the anaesthetist beforehand, I'd have found that really helpful, it should be the same across the country aww they will give you something for the pain, don't worry. X

Lippy you'll be fine. Don't worry about waking in pain. They generally do a pretty good in making sure your comfortable.

Best of luck and we'll see you on the losers bench.

Lippy,there's not a lot of pain when you wake up... Plus they give you lots of lovely drugs ;)

Plus plenty to take home, I'm not taking a lot as I don't really feel I need them.... I'm in a little discomfort but not actual pain anymore. But I know exactly what you mean about the pooing your pants stage... Even when I was on the table about to be put under I was still having 'a wobble', but this isn't a snap decision we make to even go on the waiting list! You'll be fine. Will be thinking of you, hugs x

Be assured, in my experience (bypass 9 July) I had no pain, just some discomfort mainly from the port holes. I was on IV painkillers for a couple of days as well as fluids. I was in HDU for 24hrs with a catheter inserted. Once that was out I was up and about, walking up and down the ward corridor to get things moving. I was also on oral fluids immediately I was up, albeit 30ml water per hour, but was a coffee and other excitement by day 2. I went in on Tues am and was out by Fri pm. I took a wheelie bag with a nightie, several pairs of knickers, two pairs of jimjam bottoms, two vest tops, a gown, a pair of slippers, and some toiletries. Honestly, the experience was so great I felt I'd been on a major surgery mini-break.

You'll be fine xxx

When I first woke up there was pain around my stomach. I went back to sleep within minutes. After that the only pain was from the wind - not from the op as such. Exhaustion is worse than the pain and I had some nausea from the anaesthetic on day two. After day 2 it was just tiredness. I could only stay up for about 4 hours before needing a nap. By week 2 I was a lot better, week 4 I was normal.

Thanks guys, you have put my mind at rest.

My beautiful daughter came for a visit day and as she was leaving I felt myself tear up (I should probably explain, I'm not a crier) I don't know who was more shocked! Emotions are running higher than I thought!

Started packing my hospital bag tonight, a couple pairs of jimjams, slippers and an eye mask, I'll put my toiletries in tomorrow after work.

Finally, stepped on the scales this morning, and have lost 42lbs, pretty happy with that. Met my sister for a coffee in town, and from a distance she said she didn't recognise me - boost!!

Okay ramble over, thanks for putting up with my nervous twittering xxx

Back