• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

It's the final countdown......

Good luck for Tuesday Lippy. Let us know how you got on as soon as you can. I'm really excited for you. See you on the losers' bench in a few days. BTW, 42lbs! Blimey! Well done you xxx

I'm so excited :party0049: in 12 hours time I will be arriving at the hospital. No nerves it kinda feels like Christmas Eve :xmastree: and I'm waiting for Santa to arrive:4616: can't wait! I'm worse than a kid I'm never going to manage to sleep. I suppose I could pack my bag. Did I mention that I'm excited :wee: okay signing off before I become too cheesy ........ Wish me luck. Xxxx

Hi All

Already had a gastric band done privately (lost 4 stone ) but now having it converted into bypass. Cant believe its going to happen and a new slim me will be appearing eventually. Very anxious I have mine done on the 8th October going for pre operation bits and bobs today. Still feel something will happen and they will say no you cant have it ugh!!!
By all accounts bypass is not as painful as band, which I must say was very painful, but for 4stone I'd do it all again.

Good luck to all newbies lets see how we do.

Hi Lippy,

I'm sure you've already had your op, but I just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you, and wish you a speedy recovery.

Jen xx

Hi everyone, make room on the losers bench, had my operation on Tuesday. Been out of it for 36 hours, mostly from horrendous migraine. Feeling much better now, operation was text book and I have been looked after beautifully. Think I might stay, don't have a moveable bed at home lol x

Great to hear. Take care and just take it easy.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

So excited, offered a strawberry milkshake for breakfast, delicious but only managed a few sips before being full! Reality sets in. X

Lippy! Hurrah!!! Welcome to the start of your new life. I am so thrilled for you. I had my bypass three months ago on Tuesday and I'm eating normally now but slowly and small amounts. Haven't been sick for a couple of weeks now. Also I eat out occasionally with chums - just need to make right choice, usually from the starters or light bites menu. I don't know where the time has gone. And remember that everything inside is swollen and a bit delicate right now so you really can't get too much done for a while. The time will fly by, trust me. I'm so boring - I still talk about my op as if it was yesterday, as I've been so thrilled with the whole experience.

A top tip for you now is to get a softish plastic drinking bottle and etch into it the amounts you are allowed to drink each hour during the first stage (for me it was 125ml an hour for 16 hrs a day). The bottle I bought was in Waitrose. It was made by Sistema and cost a couple of quid. I got about 5 'doses' etched into it. This means when you are out and about you can keep your hourly fluids up precisely which is really important as they are your only source of nutrition and calories for the next couple of weeks.

Good luck and keep us posted. Welcome, you loser! xxxx

Hi Lippy,

I'm so pleased everything went well and you are up and about. Just take your time and follow the teams advice.

Well done xx

Thanks for you're tips and support.

Now can we discuss food dreams? Not sure I've dreamt about food in the past but now it's all, hot and spicy Mexican food, huge cheese burgers, chips and mayo and fizzy drinks. For the record would never 'allow' myself this type of food in the past! Is this 'normal'? Thanks x

Hi Lippy,

I know what you mean about food, I think about it more now than I did before lol. I even went so far as to make 2 different loaves of bread yesterday, in the knowledge that I can't eat them! I then called my friend and told him to pop in and pick them up, for which he is very grateful. I'm not a massive bread fan, even before the op, but now I would sell my soul for a slice! Is it the whole 'I only want it because I can't have it' syndrome? I get to start the 'baby food' stage today, which I'm very excited about, I barely ate yesterday as I just couldn't stomached any more soup or smoothies.

X

A week ago today

I was making my way to surgery, in very sexy gown, stockings and green penguin slippers:p. so glad the first week is behind me.

Managing to drink more so no more migraine (fingers crossed).

In case anyone is interested....

Having almost a full mug of tea when I get up - slowly
Breakfast 1/2 packet of complan, 100 mls
Lunch small yogurt 45 mg
Afternoon 1/2 packet of complan, 100 mls
Dinner small yogurt
Upto 4 330 mls of bottled water a day. Oh and vitamins.

Walking around 30 mins per day (uncomfortable), can now manage to sleep on my side :)

Really looking forward to chewing again. I take my hat of to you guys who did a milk/yogurt pre op diet!

Anyway, suns shining going to go for a walk and get some fresh air.

Hope everyone is doing well. X

Well done Lippy, getting the first week out of the way is such a relieve and milestone. I'm only a week ahead of you, but I've noticed a big difference in my ability to move around more, even went swimming today for the first time. Ok so I only managed 20 lengths but its a start! I'm on the 'baby food' stage and although I know I need to drink a LOT more its good to feel like you have 'real' food in your body again.

Keep us updated on how you're doing,

Jen x

So I'm up bored going through posts.. And omg I'm glad I read this.. the dreams!
Honestly in my first week I dreamt I sat on the floor in my kitchen and ate 3 packets of crisps. I could taste them and everything and I woke up feeling sooooo guilty lol! I've had a few more the past few weeks too.. It's crazy but I'd say it's normal.. My cousin said she had them too lool
Xo

I was making my way to surgery, in very sexy gown, stockings and green penguin slippers:p. so glad the first week is behind me.

Managing to drink more so no more migraine (fingers crossed).

In case anyone is interested....

Having almost a full mug of tea when I get up - slowly
Breakfast 1/2 packet of complan, 100 mls
Lunch small yogurt 45 mg
Afternoon 1/2 packet of complan, 100 mls
Dinner small yogurt
Upto 4 330 mls of bottled water a day. Oh and vitamins.

Walking around 30 mins per day (uncomfortable), can now manage to sleep on my side :)

Really looking forward to chewing again. I take my hat of to you guys who did a milk/yogurt pre op diet!

Anyway, suns shining going to go for a walk and get some fresh air.

Hope everyone is doing well. X

Hi Lippy I am glad to hear you are doing well.xx:happy096:

4 weeks post op here I have a confession " my name is joanne and I am a food sniffer" everything from now pickled onions ...to...anything long closed eyes lost in the moment sniffs...

I think its cos I cant eat anything properly still smush for me too, seems to work tho sort quells the feeling of going without funny thing is tho I am never actually hungry its just when rob walks in with say fish and chips its enough to sniff. There is a thing on TV tonight paid to eat or something like that as a fetish wonder if food sniffing is a fetish too?

hiya.ive seen my aneasthatist twice.and It just goes to show.im only next door in Bradford.they are lovely people they do there best to put you at ease.im just now waiting to go back to clinic.hope everything I goin well.take care

Back