• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Holiday Insurance

smilergem

On my wl journey at last
Hi everyone :)
I have today got hold of my OH's travel insurance co, as he gets it included with his bank account. Anyway, they would like another £70 to cover me for the next year, due to having the bypass.
Please could I ask which companies any of you guys have used, after declaring having had wls?
I went onto one of the compare sites, but every single firm has to be phoned about medical conditions, and it would take me until my holiday to phone them all :(
So, can anyone advise any good companies that will accept the bypass, and not charge too much over the odds?
Really hope someone can help me ;)

Hmmm... we have an annual travel insurance policy and I haven't told the company about my WLS. We're off to France in a couple of weeks, but as we're driving there ourselves and then self catering it doesn't feel necessary somehow ? I'm in two minds what to do... :confused::confused::confused:

I was told by the chap on the phone today, that if something happened while I was away and was bypass related, and hadn't declared it or had it covered under the policy, then I would not be covered. Bit scary, but you are further out from the op than me, but I am afraid to risk it to be honest, as still get days when I don't feel 100%. xxxxx

I've not had any problems so far (says she, touching wood !!) and hubby has just said that if I get ill when we're in France he'll just drive me straight home. However, we're due to go to the Maldives in January and I will definitely notify the insurance company before we go there.

i went away with insurance, but didn't mention it, at the end of the day, they should offer a bloody discount cos you've lost excess weight, their way of screwing extra out of you, shisters :mad:

just a thought ..make sure you have you E11 cards or now known as:
European Health Insurance Card (EHIC)
Just in case... as well as main travel insurance.
P.S there free...google for more info.

I am slightly confused as to why you/we would need to declare this. A band or bypass is a treatment for obesity rather than an ongoing condition.

I might be over simplifying this and recognise that an insurance companies purpose is to avoid paying out where possible but as long as a person is post surgery and fit to travel, surely that should be all that needs to be known.

If you need to make a claim for anything, even if it is not related to your band or bypass, the insurance company are within their legal rights to refuse to pay any claim as you have failed to declare something that may have an impact on your health.

I don't think it's worth the risk of not declaring it.

We used Insure and Go. They didn't charge me extra for my bypass and covered my husband, who had a heart attack 3 years ago. (Although that was very pricey as were were going to the states - but I'd rather pay the extra than risk having to sell the house because of a hospital admission over there!)

Wow, really had not considered the impact of wls on things like travel insurance.

I'm going to Corfu and this will be the first time ever I have been abroad and I'm looking for travel insurance as not only have I had a bypass, my mum has had spinal surgery as well.

I asked this the other day too.

I just bought some insurance today, its a single trip insurance for me, richard & alex...i had to pay an extra 9 quid to add my medical 'condition'. the whole thing cost us £39.
we used a complany called insureandgo

Thanks everyone, I just feel that I need to get the bypass noted on the insurance, just in case xxxxx

Back