• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

........ 3 months in.

Localizer

It has been 3 months since my sleeve surgery.

Firstly, I can't believe how quickly the time has gone. I must say I have not suffered any complications and my hospital stay was brief and without incident - otherwise I may have a different impression of the passage of time.

I have lost 70Lbs, 8 inches off my waist, 2+ inches off of my collar and almost all of my wardrobe.

Every day, and again every time I pull on (or should that be slip into!) a pair of jeans I am pleased that I had this procedure.

From a medication perspective I no longer take daily pills for BP, Sertraline or Omeprazole for others conditions. There is no aftercare associated with the sleeve, other than a periodic 'how are you doing' meeting and weigh-in with the Surgeon. My BP is normally around the 110/78 mark.

Food wise I pretty much eat whatever I want - in the appropriate portions. I don't generally feel hunger, although the smell of some foods (bacon & chinese food in particular) can cause what I consider to be a nostalgic pavlovian response! I tend to eat by the clock. If I eat out with the family they are now used to me having a starter whilst they eat their main - works for me and restaurants don't seem phased by this. Takeaways are a thing of the past.

Exercise is much easier now - and whilst I still find the gym very,very boring I have revisited sports from years ago and have found enjoyment in them.

There are a few drawbacks/things I miss - these include eating and drinking at the same time, sandwiches/baguettes - as bread is a no-go, some social awkwardness from friends as I have given up alcohol and, self-inflicted, people asking whether I have some deadly condition as I have chosen to tell only a limited number about my surgery. Life insurance companies are reluctant to cover me so soon and I have an over-interest in weighing my self too often - time should improve all of these issues.

Occasionally, I do wonder if I have taken the easy route to weight loss, although there is an obvious collateral improvement in what my family eat that was both unexpected and pleasant.

In summation, I would do it all again - but I acknowledge that I have had a good experience and I am grateful for that - this is after all a rather boring good news update!! I should have done it earlier (I am fortunate to be able to self-fund) and in budgeting the cost of the procedure I neglected to include replacing all of my clothes!

I am looking forward to the next 3 months and reaching a 25 BMI.

well done and its lovely to read a good positive post :) good luck with everything especially the clothes buying x

Brilliant. Really well done! Thanks so much for such a great update.

Lovely! One thing though...

I'm 13 months out and still weigh myself obsessively. To my way of reckoning, it's better to keep on top of any small gains than to be in denial of them.

..... I think you're quite right - I'm pretty sure I'll be doing the same.

Lovely! One thing though...

I'm 13 months out and still weigh myself obsessively. To my way of reckoning, it's better to keep on top of any small gains than to be in denial of them.

Hi Localizer. It was so lovely reading your post. I am 11 months sleeve post op and its the best choice I've made for my life. It is not the easy way out. I've lost over 100lbs so far and like you have made a choice not to drink alcohol- but for pure vanity reasons cos when I drink my weight loss stalls for 3 weeks. Good luck on your journey, you are doing so well :)

Back