• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Holiday insurance ?!

happyhilary

Anyone know the best holiday insurance for bypasser's ? Going next week so need to get it sorted ASAP !!

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

My hubby didn't tell them when we went abroad n he had his 4 years ago if it asks put it but otherwise I don't know but I don't think I would Xx

Sent from my HTC Hero using WLSurgery

Anything can happen at home or abroard and the last thing i would wont is for them to have an excuse not to pay ! I have googled it and insure and go seems like they are a good deal . I am going to phone and i'll update asap !

Hi Hilary,

I used Bupa travel insurance as they underwrite each policy individually.

I went abroad 6 weeks after a band a couple of years ago and they didnt charge any extra.

It gives you peice of mind if you have to go to hospital for something in the same area eg stomach probs. They would probably exclude it once they found out you'd had stomach surgery if they wasnt already aware of it.

Hope this helps.

Lisa

p.s I am an Insurance broker by trade so know the pitfalls of non disclosure !

Doughie said:
Do you need to tell them?

Yes you do, if you don't declare and something happens you won't be covered!!! Upto you if you want to take risk however :) as I know it bumps up the cost

I've used insure and go before but touch wood, never had to claim :)

Let us know how you get on!! x

Thanks for this post, I would not even have considered telling them! Not because I didn't want to pay or anything but because I just forget it's relevant - it's just who I am now lol!

I had a multi trip policy with insure & go prior to my op so had to update them of the changes in circumstances health wise etc. as i was barely 5 wks nearly 6 wks post-op when we went away to soain last summer, it cost a few extra pounds but not exorbitant now need to renew it ready for this years holidays.

disclose everything you never know what may happen.

last time I was away my mum took poorly and thank god for insurance and disclosing everything as the bill come to $19000

so disclose disclose disclose

Thanks for this post, I would not even have considered telling them! Not because I didn't want to pay or anything but because I just forget it's relevant - it's just who I am now lol!

This was my thoughts - I am planning to go on a cruise next year - or even later this year once I feel confident enough and can buy some super duper clothes to wear in the evenings - although I am having second thoughts since that ship sunk............. x

you have to declare diabetes as well and i know many of us on here have that :( i haven't been abroad for 24 yrs but work at axa insurance if you're not sure if you should disclose anything then you probably should ask :) better safe than sorry x

You should declare all medical conditions and medications prior to a holiday - the vast majority of 'common conditions' (e.g. mild asthma) will be covered without a problem but others will require an additional premium to be covered - which will, of course, be significantly less than costs incurred treating something on holiday then finding out it can't be claimed for due to non-disclosure! Insurers will usually not cover conditions for which you are currently undergoing investigation or for which you have an operation pending. So yes, to echo the above - if in any doubt, declare it anyway :)

Just to add: this is all insurer-specific by the way - each one will have different levels of questions, and some may want to go back a few years on your medical history. Getting travel insurance quotes is a boring business (though much quicker if there are no medical conditions to declare!), but worth it for the peace of mind. Good luck getting it sorted out quickly & painlessly ;)

I went with goodtogoinsurance.com I was covered for my bypass and my back/neck problems . I got 1 week gold cover for 15.47 and peace of mind !

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back