• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Holiday post Band Op

DOVES

I am having my band op on 29th July. I am going to Florida on 3rd October. I haven't organised travel insurance - do you need to declare this op?? If so who is good for travel insurance and also - is this enough time after my op to be going on holiday - would I have a fill before or go or should I wait untill I come back??

So many questions....:)

i dont know on the insurance question but you should be ok to travel in october first fills are usually done about 6 weeks post op i cant see why should need to wait for it but may be wrong

I flew 5 hours to Cyprus 7 weeks after my op and i had no physical problems at all, I waited till after i flew to have my first proper fill i did however have 3mls in my 9ml band following surgery so i had some restriction.

I would declare your op if for any reason you need help and you havnt informed anyone your insurance wont be worth the paper its written on and in the states that could cost you 100's of thousands of dollars !!!! ring round I got my insurance through M&S it may cost you a bit more but the peace of mind? thats everything

Back