• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Holiday insurence

dan1982

It's called my yearly holiday Insurence to inform I have had a gastric band fitted and they have informed me they won't cover as had operation done privately has anyone else had this problem and if so how did you resolve
It seems very strange as they say they would cover if had operation through the nhs

I had the contrary. Mine is with my bank account and they said I was covered as I had chosen to have my band rather than having to have it for medical reasons. Just goes to show that its wise to ask the question. Other banders will be along soon with suggestions on who they use, I am sure :) hope you are going somewhere lovely

Last edited:
oh that's good then, where can you get the separate insurance from? who's yours with? Thank you!

My insurance is through my Halifax current account when I rang to advise them of my bypass they said if I had it from my own choice they couldn't insure me if it was advised from
A medical point of view there was an extra premium of around £48 a year, I went online and was only quoted £23 for a 3 week stay in Spain so I'm just going with that :)

I just googled and axa is one company that cover it ... Mine is with my natwest account

Back