• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Holiday panic!!

Lisav

Does anyone else suffer from "holiday panic" before they go away? I am going to Turkey in July, and I am already worried about not fitting in the aeroplane seat, not getting the seatbelt done up, then I'm worried about things like breaking a sunbed if i'm too fat, or those plastic chairs with arms that they seem to have everywhere in foreign countries....!!!

I have a seatbelt extension that I bought before I went away to America last year (when I was bigger than I am now) so I think I'll be ok on the plane. My partner is skinny and we just raise the armrest when we've taken off, so the seat should be ok. BUT I am terrified that the sunbed round by the pool wont hold my weight or i'll collapse it! Am I crazy! Do other people worry about this kind of thing?

I have already lost around two stone, and would like to get quite a bit more off before my holiday, but I was wondering if others of you are similar to me? I can imagine two weeks in turkey trying desperately to cover myself up and not show my fat body, and not being able to sit on a sunbed, and it's making me not want to go :(

wendy1963

I think you should go on holiday and enjoy yourself things are going in the right direction you have decided to have surgery and it looks as though you are already doing well with the weight loss ask for the extra bit to add to the seat belt believe me you won't be the onlyperson to need one. I hope you have a lovely holiday try not to worry to much. All the best Wendy

jenny17

No I worried about stuff like that all the time. At my top weight I could just about manage the seatbelt with an inch to spare. We go to Florida nearly every year and as time went on I would go on less and less of the rides, worried that I would be asked to get off if the safety belt wouldn't fit. I spent most of the holiday 'holding the bags' while my dd and dh went on them. I was terrified of sitting on a plastic chair in case it broke. By the time we go next I will be 6-7 months post op, so hopefully shouldn't be a problem again. I will be more worried about what I will be able to eat.

I think all of us have worried about stuff like that, so you are deffo not alone. I thnk that the sunbeds are a lot stronger than they look. I am sure given another couple of months you will be absolutely fine, and you will have a great time. Remember everything gets better from now :)

KimSchuh

Hi Lisav,

I always have the exact same panic, I never bought a belt extender and used to cringe whilst asking the hostess for one as some of the looks made me wish the earth would just open up and eat me!

As for the sun beds I used to put 2 stacked together to make them stronger!

And I used to avoid the plastic chairs like the plague as not only was I scared they would break but also that when I stood up it would just be stuck to my butt. LOL

But all that aside you say you've already lost 2 stone and you have another 2 months-ish until your holiday so I'm sure you'll be absolutely fine!

Also the one thing I never worried about whilst on holidays was covering up, just remember you're there to enjoy your self and you'll never see anyone whose there ever again!

Have a great holiday..xx
Kim..xx

Lisav

Oh thank you all! It's so nice to have people who understand how I feel!!! I'm gonna do my best to have a brilliant holiday, and you're right, I'll never see them again!!!

Bluebutterflier

Bouncing Bander
Dont worry Lisa, Your not nuts, loads of us think that way....

The seatbelt on the plane makes me dread flying, when I love it usually..
Ive never been so bad about the plastic chairs or sunbeds, but thats cos I dont sunbathe....

Im usually worried about if I have a decent sarong to tie around my swim suit to hide my bum/thighs/legs lol...

But sod it Lisa, you are losing weight, your feeling and looking better....just think that your partner loves you and your starting to love your body again....x

vicky x

Oh Lisa you sound just like me!

I would work myself up something silly about planes/buses/train seats and although I've lost 4st I noticed today at my sons school play that I automatically got there early to get a seat at the end of the row and moved it away slightly from the seat next door, some habits die hard!!
Plastic chairs with arms...last year in Greece I was sat on one and slid it backwards and one of the legs bent! I quickly got my 'skinny' sister to swap seats with me so she could take the blame!
I've never really worried about sun bed except sitting on them in the right place so they don't tip back or forward.
I think all these thoughts are more common than we think and I expect you've spent too much money on this holiday to worry about what the other holiday makers opions so like everyone else has said go and enjoy your holiday and remind yourself that by the next holiday you'll be a lot thinner!

Vicky x

Evenstarr

I think nearly all of us have similar holiday worries. Ive yet to have a subbed collapse on me and I'm a dedicated sun bather when I'm on holiday.
As a previous poster said don't worry a bit about other people, you'll never see them again!
Have a brill time, turkey is a lovely country and don't forget your factor 50 :cool:
Em xxxxxx

shelleymarie

Yes absolutely. I actually had a cut off point weight wise where I decided I wouldn't travel abroad any more as it was too embarrassing on the plane etc. but I've just booked a week in La Palma today for 6 months post op, I'm hoping to feel more comfortable then but whatever my size I'm going and I'm going to enjoy it without over indulging too.
I do think it's good to have something to focus on. Try not to worry, you are already doing great and you will feel different on this holiday because you know you are well on you way to a new you. Have fun and forget about the little things, it's your life and you deserve to enjoy it :) x

Dee friel

I do know how you feel , i was just like you last year when we were away. I was due to have my op 6 weeks after our holiday . I also spent the entire time thinking "this time next year" . We are due to go back to the same resort this year in 8 weeks time and i am currently 7 1/2 stones lighter and will hopefully lose another stone between now and then and i have to say i have never looked forward to a holiday as much as i am looking forward to this one. So relax , enjoy holiday and remember that next year will be a very different story.