• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Easy Chicken Soup

phatgirl

Easy Chicken Soup:
If possible use frozen chicken breast tenderloin pieces because they cook fast (about 2 of them is just right for single serving size).

Put chicken in a saute pan and just barely cover w/water and add a bit of salt.

While it cooks chop your fav veg (skip any carby veg), I use leeks, carrots, parsnips & mushrooms.

Add chicken stock (couple of chicken oxo cubes and water will do) to the chicken that is cooking.

In a larger pot add your veg and a small amount of stock, stirring constantly.

Once the chicken is cooked, chop it up and add it to the veg (I use kitchen shears to cut it, so much faster & easier). Adjust the seasoning to taste. I add salt, pepper, and a healthy pinch of Dunn's River Carribean seasoning.

Let all this come to a boil, then reduce to simmer for at least 15 minute but you can let it cook for an hour (flav is amazing).

I add cooked rice or pasta to it a couple of minutes before I serve it if I am eating carbs.

Easy Chicken Soup:
If possible use frozen chicken breast tenderloin pieces because they cook fast (about 2 of them is just right for single serving size).

Put chicken in a saute pan and just barely cover w/water and add a bit of salt.

While it cooks chop your fav veg (skip any carby veg), I use leeks, carrots, parsnips & mushrooms.

Add chicken stock (couple of chicken oxo cubes and water will do) to the chicken that is cooking.

In a larger pot add your veg and a small amount of stock, stirring constantly.

Once the chicken is cooked, chop it up and add it to the veg (I use kitchen shears to cut it, so much faster & easier). Adjust the seasoning to taste. I add salt, pepper, and a healthy pinch of Dunn's River Carribean seasoning.

Let all this come to a boil, then reduce to simmer for at least 15 minute but you can let it cook for an hour (flav is amazing).

I add cooked rice or pasta to it a couple of minutes before I serve it if I am eating carbs.

Thanks so much for this, Im just a week post op bypass but want something tasty. Ive just done this and the smell is amazing !! I must add that I have strained all the veg and chicken just to leave the clear broth its amazing thank you so much :) xxx

just made this smells yum, not tried it yet

Im going to strain some for tomorrow lunch, then whizz the rest with my blender and freeze ready for post op:D

Bump as this sounds great!

Back