• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Home & on the loosers bench.

jillyiant

Dont know how I feel yet been sent home with a bag full of tablets that seem inpossible. Will be the only thing I manage to get down for a few days as most have to be taken with water. Had a good nights sleep i was shattered so noisy in there. Bit of chest pain when i breath and walking slowly but expected worse. See how today goes i suppose. dreading taking the senna!

Congrats! Hope you have a speedy recovery.
Em xxxx

Congrats, welcome to loosers bench & get well soon

Welcome home

Glad it went well. You don't have to take every tablet - I didn't touch the senna or the paracetamol. Vitamins won't be for the first week as well. For now it's just the zoton and the clexane. Then one week post op start up the vitamins. Only take the senna if you need it although lactulose would be better

yvessa I couldnt believe the stuff they said start taking from the night I got home. Like I had anything to come out...... Im not taking painkillers today unless I really need them they are too yuk & to be honest I havent had anything except water with my tabs, feel like its all I do take pills all day. Trying a coffee this morning a tad uncomfortable. Going to read my leaflets again today to see what else I should be having. You by the way are doing fantastic! ! xx

Thanks Hun. Take it slow these first few days. Also try to move around as much as you can. Bear in mind the discharge woman doesn't know what she's on about - follow the paperwork. I took baby paracetamol rather than the soluble stuff. Just make sure it's sugar free. And same with the senna - I took lactulose. But louise the nurse had recommended it above the senna.

Another vote for lactuose but I seem to have the other problem combined with the iron tablets I don't have constipation any more!!!
The woman who did my discharge was a right pain, talking over the nurse and rattling eveyone including me !!
I only took paracetamol tablets and I took them with milk, that seemed to work for me with all of my tablets

The main reason constipation is so likely early on is because we are not able I drink enough. As you begin to meet liquids targets (2.5 litres min for me) you may find you don't need medication to regulate your bowels.

lactulose would be my choice too even though its flavorless and slimy better sipping that all day than trying to get some big @ssed tablet down lol and welcome home :)

Lactulose can be added to hit drinks as a sweetener. That way it's not so bad. Senna never did a blooming thing. When he Lactulose made me uncomfy I switched to laxido which was nicer tasting. Now only need it if I don't drink enough.

So laxido is ok to use for bypassers Yvessa?

Ive some which I had to use a while back pre op, and Ive only been once since last Monday (day of op) and that was when I dumped

I was given it by my Gp - I wouldn't try it without medical approval.

I was given it by doc months ago

I would still check post bypass with your team. I was prescribed post op so knew it was okay. But please please don't just take my word for it and do check with your team.

Will do. Need to get in touch anyway as got one hell of a cough on me, kills everytime I cough too

Back