• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Honestly...

farzu

Honestly, Did you really stick with the exact low carb menu that the hospital provided and followed everything like how much to eat and count the exact calories? how did you do it?

I think i am eating too much and worried that my liver won't shrink. I am trying to follow the list but also worrid that i'm not measuring right amount of food.

What should i do? Any ideas? help me please.

hi does your pre op diet sheet state the amounts you can eat as long as you stick to this you should be fine. xxxx

I stuck to mine but I did the milk pre op diet so had no choice even tho I cant stand milk or yoghurts ewww ha, if ur unsure if ur doing things right give them a ring just say ur a little concerned case ur eating too much, unless someone from ur area who done the same pre op sees this post so can put ur mind to rest. Am sure if you've read to instructions you'll be fine. Keep it up tho as hard as it is its worth it x

I stuck to the Himerton diet sheet religiously but felt really bad around day 4 when ketosis set in. Dizzy, nauseous, lightheaded & felt very weak. This went after a few days. Can't say I didn't find it very hard though but worth it as it worked for me.

please try to stick to it, you could wake up and find they havent done the op, now that would be awful!! good luck :) xxx

A nurse at Heartlands told me yesterday they had only just had a woman who had woke up to be told due to not doing her pre op diet properly, they could not do her surgery.

So it's viral for this very short time to follow what your provider says to the letter x

They've given you a list stating the quantities to eat? then either stick to it measuring your food out as per instructions or risk getting sent home, simple really

I stuck to mine religiously mine was milk and yogurt it was so hard day 3 and 4 were the hardest . The only thing I had that I shouldn't have was 1 polo as I was in company and my breath was unreal ! I woke up and didn't get my bypass cos of 3 reasons one being my liver was massive so I got the sleeve I was in tears telling the surgeon I stuck to it told him about my polo , he said even though it was massive they knew I has stuck to diet and I must have had a really big liver to start with so I suggest no matter how hard it is stick to it they will know and believe me it's sooo worth it ! It could be the difference in not getting your op or them having to open u up or even causing complications x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

millyrhys said:
I stuck to mine religiously mine was milk and yogurt it was so hard day 3 and 4 were the hardest . The only thing I had that I shouldn't have was 1 polo as I was in company and my breath was unreal ! I woke up and didn't get my bypass cos of 3 reasons one being my liver was massive so I got the sleeve I was in tears telling the surgeon I stuck to it told him about my polo , he said even though it was massive they knew I has stuck to diet and I must have had a really big liver to start with so I suggest no matter how hard it is stick to it they will know and believe me it's sooo worth it ! It could be the difference in not getting your op or them having to open u up or even causing complications x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Wow, thanks for sharing your story xxx

I had my liver scanned two years ago. My best mate was the sonographer. She was shocked that I never had a big or fatty liver. I hope in the interim I have not changed that.
I will stick to Heartlands rules by hook or by crook. The alternative is not an option x

Thankyou every for your reply. Today is day4 of my diet and i hope everything will get better. I bought a kitchen scale today. Hope i can do it.

Before sometimes i only used to have a proper meal once a day but did't really feel like this. May be its because of the restrictions i feel hungry all the time. Or the first few days are always hard.

I have lost a good amount of weight already but don't know how to find out if my diet is working or not. If i loose weight now is it working?

The pre op diet is designed to shrink your liver giving the surgeon more room to work safely, it is not designed to cause weight loss although this can sometimes occur during the pre op diet. Losing weight is not always an indication that your liver is shrinking, neither is not losing or even a slight gain and indication that the pre op diet isn't shrinking your liver. Follow the diet and you will have done your bit

farzu do not worry huni as long as you follow the instructions you have been given you will be fine, i started my pre op milk diet last friday and went to the dietician yesterday and have already lost 8lb she said she has never before had someone loose so much in so little time but it is a sign that i am doing everything i should be as water leaves the body when you are doing the liver shrinking diet so dont worry and if you need help or advice ring your team and speak to them xx

walnutwhip said:
farzu do not worry huni as long as you follow the instructions you have been given you will be fine, i started my pre op milk diet last friday and went to the dietician yesterday and have already lost 8lb she said she has never before had someone loose so much in so little time but it is a sign that i am doing everything i should be as water leaves the body when you are doing the liver shrinking diet so dont worry and if you need help or advice ring your team and speak to them xx

Any extreme diet causes water loss the first week. Someone could do Atkins and water weight would be the first loss. So water weight doesn't indicate the diet is shrinking the liver. That's why everyone is on the toilet the first week of a diet. But not every diet would make your liver suitable for surgeons to operate.

The pre op diets are specially designed to shrink the liver. Hence why they should be followed to the letter.

Farzu has done the right thing by buying some scales :) Well done chick :)

I really stuck to mine and it was during the holiday period per Christmas. It was hard, but I wanted the op so much that I did it.

its now about 8 weeks since my op and Ive lost over 3 stone. So I am really glad I was disciplined for the 2 weeks before.

You can do it. Good luck!
x

loubyl00 said:
I really stuck to mine and it was during the holiday period per Christmas. It was hard, but I wanted the op so much that I did it.

its now about 8 weeks since my op and Ive lost over 3 stone. So I am really glad I was disciplined for the 2 weeks before.

You can do it. Good luck!
x

That's the hardest pre op time of all! Lol

Well done!

Some people in America are advised by there doctor to do the atkins to shrink the liver. It takes about 3 days to deplete glycogen stores and they hold 3x their weight in water so its a bit like wringing out a sponge.
I have heard of people sticking to the diet and still not being operated on, i think its quite rare but it can happen so you have to give yourself the best chance and stick to it. Im sure there are plenty people out there who cheat on it, but there not going to admit it. :eek:
Good luck on it, not too long to go now

Kim

My friend had a band and only did a crash diet for two days before. They just about managed to do her op. a bypass would have been no chance.

I would love Atkins as a pre op lol. I was a veggie for a few weeks before op. But today I craving meat really bad lol

Back