• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Honey ???

RoseA

As a bypasser, I studiously avoid anything with sugar, including honey. But am wondering whether a little honey occasionally might be OK, especially as I don't seem to be quite so intolerant now ? Does anyone else use honey in anything, eg to sweeten yoghurt, or porridge - has anyone made flapjacks using honey ?

Not me as yet Rose, I'm also so worried about the sugar at my stage... I wonder if Phatgirl may have a recipe... or Shell may know?

A great idea and I always loved fresh honey over the years, pre diabetes.... so healthy.

If you are maintaining does that mean you can count in more calories and refine your eating plan Rose?

Hope you are ok.

Love and hugs xxx

Not me as yet Rose, I'm also so worried about the sugar at my stage... I wonder if Phatgirl may have a recipe... or Shell may know?

A great idea and I always loved fresh honey over the years, pre diabetes.... so healthy.

If you are maintaining does that mean you can count in more calories and refine your eating plan Rose?

Hope you are ok.

Love and hugs xxx

I'm good thanks Bev xx
I have no idea how to maintain yet... :eek: It worries me a bit, as I'm still losing steadily every week :confused:

I am not sure Rose, but I would have assumed it's got to be finding the right calorific and nutritional levels for you to be able to maintain without gaining... or losing too much... what a place to be Rose! All your hard labour is coming together precious xxx

I haven't counted calories since the op...

I know a couple of people who have had nasty dumping episodes on honey Rose, so if you are going to try it start with a tiny amount x

Thanks Sam !

mmm honey, ive got 2 little jars of it that i got free, rowse i think it is, but not tried it, i actually only got one, but ian gave me his. i might use some of it on a lamb joint or something like that, so that im not getting too much of it in one go.

what is this like/share button we've got now, and how do we use it, does anybody know?
big hugs xx

I am glad you asked this question Rose as I was going to pose this question today LOL.
So it will be interesting to hear others stories.
I love honey and a little drizzle on yoghurt goes a long way or to sweeten tart fruit.

Back