• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can NHS funding be taken away??

slimbydecember

I got my funding in January this year

Saw the bariactric nurse and dietician in March and twice in June

Told they were happy for me to go on the waiting list in June

Got an appointment for an endoscopy in September and have been told I will go on the waiting list after this.

Can my funding be withdrawn if the government decides to??? :eek:

i do believe after some of the threads ive read here that yes they can, tho everything seems to be in place for the op to go ahead so id say unlikely, i sharnt now believe it till im there xx

This is a question that many of us are asking ourselves... it would be helpful if we could be reassured, since once funding is approved in writing, the let down could send some of us spiralling...

It's concerning that there seem to be many ways of sending NHS patients home with disappointments and I wonder if there is any way of clarifying the status of the agreed funding so that it is honoured alongside any setbacks.

I am feeling particularly concerned also for those awaiting news from pending applications with the way things are going.

Love to you all xxx

I think the way things are "financially" in this country and with the way the country is run anything is possible. Lots of ppl are being turned down or having funds withdrawn due to cut backs, either that or hosp/pct's are moving the "goalposts or BMI's are being upped to make it harder for ppl to get surgery in the first place......................Sad but true.

MeJulie x x

They said i'm likely to have my band in January... I don't know what i'd do if they took the funding away! Surely it's already been allocated? I may ring the hospital tomorrow to have a chat about it

I'm a civil servant and sadly projects that we had funding for have been pulled. We have to make savings in this financial year, my bro works for the Ambulance service and they have to do the same. I think just at the moment no-one should count their chickens till they're in the hospital...especially given some of the posts where goalposts have already changed. Sorry i feel like a harbinger of doom :(

Back