• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hospital bag...............

Meggie

Ok apologies as I know there are lots of threads about this but can anyone think of anything else I need to take:

pyjamas x 2
underwear
vest
outfit for travelling
socks
paperwork
shampoo/conditioner
shower gel
slippers
dressing gown
water/juice
toothpaste and brush
book
mobile and charge
babywipes
dry mouth spray
glasses
brush
hand gel
anti-bac wipes

God now I've typed it it look waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much stuff!!! Anything you think I should add/take away???

Looks like a good list to me. Just want to wish you lots of luck, and hurry back and let us know how you get on. Hope you have a quick recovery, take care xx

How about an ipod or mp3 so you can relax to some soothing music if its noisy on the ward.

Ooooh good idea. Not sure where my charger is! That reminds me, I need to charge my camera as I want to take a photo before going down!

Looks like a good list to me. Just want to wish you lots of luck, and hurry back and let us know how you get on. Hope you have a quick recovery, take care xx

Thanks hun!! Not long til I can write my story too!!!!

Are you taking your mobile phone in hun? (I notice you've got it on your list) I can't decide if I should give it to my husband to take home with him till I get back from theatre.

I thing you have pretty much everything else covered xx

Are you taking your mobile phone in hun? (I notice you've got it on your list) I can't decide if I should give it to my husband to take home with him till I get back from theatre.

I thing you have pretty much everything else covered xx

I'm taking it but am going to switch it off and give it to my mum with strict instructions not to give it back to me until I'm fully coherent!!! I have warned friends that they may receive garbled messages after my op!!!

Your list looks pretty good to me in fact I have forgotten a couple of things myself so have added them to my list.
All the very best for a speedy recovery.
Bunny x

Your list looks very comprehensive :)

It does seem a lot (but its not) - I kept the "volume" of stuff to a minimum by buying small travel sizes of anti-perspirant/shower gel/shampoo and others...

all available from Superdrug

GOOD LUCK TO ALL PRE-OPPERS :D

I would add lip balm to your list as I had terribly dry lips after surgery. But everything else sounds spot on.

I would add lip balm to your list as I had terribly dry lips after surgery. But everything else sounds spot on.

Oooh yes lip balm, and moisturiser??

How about space for me and maybe ask Heath as i will be there early in the morning will he fit me in just after u lmao xxx

Hi
Everyone rated the mouth spray but i found it made my mouth feel full of sweetener and feel more thirsty.
Water is available straight after you wake up anyway.

I took the following and didnt use -

1 nightie (only in 1 night)
shampoo and conditioner (didnt get to have a shower)
socks as i couldnt bend down to put them on

I also wore my jeans and couldnt fasten them afterwards

I took 4 magazines - no way enough so a book is a much better idea (a thick one)

I took money but didnt need any but i took my mobile

My husband paid for the hospital tv and phone with his credit card.

I think though if it fits in your bag take it as you just never know

good luck x

Hi Meggie

Definately take your own water, hospital water is rank :sign0137:

Everything else sounds spot on, especially some music if the ward is busy.

Good luck x

Good list there Meggie. I'll be adding the Ipod to my list next month too.

Can't believe it's finally happening tomorrow! How exciting.

See you tonight.

L

Take a magazine or two instead of a book, there is no way you will feel like lifting a book and getting stuck in, you will only feel like flicking through a mag. Unless of course their are hunky male nurses and then you can look at them instead of reading

What happens to your belongings whilst you're in theatre, is there anywhere secure to leave them? Are you on an open ward or do you have your own room?

What happens to your belongings whilst you're in theatre, is there anywhere secure to leave them? Are you on an open ward or do you have your own room?

Good question Twiggie, all the patients having any kind of surgery that day are on one ward and i know u can only take minimal stuff into HDU so not sure what happens to our stuff. I will post tomorrow as i def want to know xx

Hi
You put it all back in yor bag and anythign that wont fit they put in a carrier bah tied with your name on and any money or valuables they lock in a safe and you sign for them or you can keep them in your bag but they make you sign how much money you have and that you are happy that its your responcibility
then when you get to a ward your bag is there for you and so are your slippers and houscoat like magic x

Back