• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What i'm thinking to take to hospital

mummykcb

Am thinking of not taking too much to hospital, just the essential overnight things.
toothbrush/toothpaste
hair brush
wet wipes
dressing gown/ nighties / slippers
kindle
tops trousers
underwear

is there anything i've forgotten

That sounds fine, you will sleep well after the op but your kindle will be good in between naps. I'm a great believer in less is more.

Good luck with your op and I look forward to hearing how it went, let all of us banders know xx

Pillow for journey home!

All I took was
dressing gown
nightshirt
crocs (I dont do slippers lol)
wash bag (inc shower stuff as I was allowed to shower night and morning after surgery)
change of underwear for next day
lip balm (which was very welcomed!)

~ my aunt bought a pillow for when she came to collect me, this was really useful on the car journey home as I could just lean into it to get comfortable.

i took basics similar to top_kat and found i didnt need much else, i was so wiped out form the surgery i just rested for the frist two days. my friend bought me the telly pack age so i watched a couple of films.

i was given a dry mouth spray (fake saliva in a bottle, as minging as it sounds - i swapped to using my nice sugar free minty mouth spray as soon as i could get to it) and a tube of vaseline for my lips by the hospital and both were lifesavers in the first 24hrs.

mobile and purse go everywhere with me so didnt put that down and have a music phone so no need for ipod, but that reminded me to take headpphones so thanks mrs quiggle. Pillow is a great idea as have a 3 hour drive to get home. and Where can i get mouth spray.

mummykcb said:
mobile and purse go everywhere with me so didnt put that down and have a music phone so no need for ipod, but that reminded me to take headpphones so thanks mrs quiggle. Pillow is a great idea as have a 3 hour drive to get home. and Where can i get mouth spray.

Iv seen everyone say they get there Dry mouth spray from boots x

Back