• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Do i need anything else

Awenlock

I know I have 4 weeks to go but here is my list, please advise if I have missed anything or am taking too much

2 Pairs loose PJs
Dressing gown
Slippers
Underwear
Bed socks ( I hate my feet uncovered)
Set of clothes for coming home

My medication
Dry mouth spray
Lip balm
Baby wipes
Toothbrush
Toothpaste
Deodorant
Travel shampoo
Travel shower gel

Phone and charger

Long list I know but it all does fit into a small holdall :)

A small pillow or cushion to put between you tummy and seat belt when going home.
Put it in the car before your op then your driver can't forget it.
(Don't do this if you are in a taxi or you will lose it :D)

Ahh yes, good idea about the pillow, will put a towel in now, almost forgot that...lol, and have loads of the hand wash as I keep reptiles so can put a bottle of that in too.

Thx guys xx

i would advise magazines aswel, just to try and stop the bordem inbetween visitors. wishing you the best of luck and a speedy recovery. x

Some NAS Squash?
Laptop?

xx

An ipod ?

I could take my iPad and that would cover books and music all in one I suppose, must remember the squash as I hate plain water :) what would I do without u guys....lol

i spent most of my stay in the hospital awake ....... catching forty winks in between blood pressure /blood sugar checks

you'll not need socks as you'll be wearing surgical stockings till after you get back home

i wore a surgical gown till the last day too (changed daily) as my vent started leaking

i bought the times the day after my bypass but i never got around to read it all (falling asleep)

ear plugs are a good idea too ;)

I have not bothered with PJ's and have some long nighties as you will have a tummy drain which may be a little uncomfortable with pj's.

Mouth wash to freshen your mouth until you are allowed to drink. if you haven't got a hand held fan, some cool water spray such as Magicool or equiv from Boots as it is very warm in hospital. These are what are in my bag.

Yeh might throw a nightie or 2 in there to be on the safe side, they are really loose pjs tho so hopefully they will be ok, may have to buy a bigger holdall...lol xx

Thank you for posting this list, I have 12 days to go and have bought new slippers and a new bath towel (and even remembered to wash it, cos new ones are always waterproof on the 1st use, lol). I have 2 knee length baggy nightshirts, but was going to take pyjamas as well, but don't know if I'll wear em.
But on the letter from Derby they said to only take dressing gown and slippers, but then they say I'll be in 3 days! What do they think we are going to wear for those 3 days?
I had thought of shower gel etc, but good idea about the face cool spray stuff. I have one from Body Shop that I take on holiday.
Thanks for saying mouthwash too! Hate having a yukky mouth.
@ Neeta, good luck for Monday x

Hi, GOOD LUCK!!! . . . You seem to be very well prepared! . .

When I had my surgery, I did something that turned out to be VERY HELPFUL. . .
. I took an old tank top.(OR u can use a long nightgown with thin straps if you'd like... to avoid having to put on a shorts/skirt to walk) . and I cut the straps, added a small piece of velcro. . (Or a button. . Whichever,...... as long as it doesn't have metal) . . . And I was able to wear that the whole time. . .
....... u need to cut the straps to allow for the I.V. ..........
and I felt more comfortable walking the halls with a tank-top & loose shorts rather than a nightgown....

U will be "encouraged" to get up and walk ASAP..... And truthfully the sooner you begin walking the better . . . . I suggest walking as much as you can while in the hospital while you are on the strong pain medicine . . . It will help to get out much of the GAS. . . WHICH IS NOT PLEASANT ..to say the least. . . . Actually. . . The gas was the most "uncomfortable" (ie painful) part of the whole surgery!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I had my Lap-Band placed June 2nd . . .of this year. . . I've lost 55 lbs! (! + i lost45lbs on the pre-op diet)

I took dry mouth spray but it all seemed to get clogged around my teeth so avoided using after the first spray. I did find lip balm to be very useful though.

One thing I just remembered. Make sure your hospital bag is lightweight or you will be asking the nurse to lift it up for you a lot of the time.

I think I'm going to have to take a desktop fan.. I cannot sleep without one, and I suffer really bad from homesickness
I don't own pjs or slippers so not sure if that's a problem or not.

I think I'm going to have to take a desktop fan.. I cannot sleep without one, and I suffer really bad from homesickness
I don't own pjs or slippers so not sure if that's a problem or not.

It might be a problem for the other patients' recovery rates seeing you wandering around in the nuddy!

If you pack what you normally sleep in you'll be fine - as long as it's not nothing!

I know I have 4 weeks to go but here is my list, please advise if I have missed anything or am taking too much

2 Pairs loose PJs
Dressing gown
Slippers
Underwear
Bed socks ( I hate my feet uncovered)
Set of clothes for coming home

My medication
Dry mouth spray
Lip balm
Baby wipes
Toothbrush
Toothpaste
Deodorant
Travel shampoo
Travel shower gel

Phone and charger

Long list I know but it all does fit into a small holdall :)
don't forget a towel :) x

Back