• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hospital bag !

Minoots

Well my date is now just around the corner - Sat 8am so I suppose that I had better do something about packing 'THE' bag !!

I have it all out on my table and as I go past I keep checking to see that it is all there.. But I recon that will be my job this evening..

Good luck to all about to have their ops !!

Hi there, my op is due on Monday so I guess my weekend task will be to pack my bag. I'm starting to get a bit anxious now and was wondering how you are feeling? :eek:)

I think I only used a 1/4 of the stuff I took with me to the hosptial

vickylou said:
I think I only used a 1/4 of the stuff I took with me to the hosptial

Me too,
Hardly used a thing!saying that I came out of Hospital after one night.
I couldn't even look in my bag,too busy sleeping the drugs off!

I would say you just need one nightie, towel, shower gel, toothbrush/paste, clean underwear and phone w/charger. Don't bother packing laptop, kindle etc. you won't use them.

Because my op is on a saturday i will only come out on Monday.. so I have a few extra days there.

I am feeling slightly sick .. (for the past few days) but dont think that I am nervous.. unless that is how it shows itself. In a way I cant actually believe that I am now just 1 sleepie away..

good luck

Good luck tomorrow Heather; will be thinking of you.

Best wishes with your op today, Minoots !!

good luck

Good luck :)

Thanks everyone. I cant believe that I am now already 9 days post op !! Where the hell does the time go?

I have only lost 1.5 kgs and am sure that others have lost much more at this stage. I am in my last week of liquids so will see what happens when I start my week of 'mushy'

I really feel as though I am going on by hit and miss and am not quite sure what I am doing is correct... Oh well...

Hi Minoots
I'm interested to read that you're on your last week of liquids, I have do do 4 weeks of liquids but it seems you have to do less. How have you coped with it so far? :eek:)

It has not been to bad. I have slimshake, bovril, soup, ovaltine, milky coffee, etc.

For the soup I get one called baxters and it has huge chunks of veg etc in. I add a bit of water, liquidise it and it makes 2 servings. Much tastier than just ordinary soup. Any soup that has bits, I liquidise rather than strain the bits out, I also have sugar free jelly in between.
I am going to start my mushy food on Friday for a week and then soft food the following week. There is not much difference between them and I have just had to be careful that I am only having the recommended 200ml per serving.

At Heartlands we do 2 weeks liquids, 1 week mushy and 1 week soft.
not sure if any of this will help you. Just keep the water bottle handy and keep drinking inbetween. add squash if you like, but make sure that you have loads and loads of liquids between
xx

Back