• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hospital bag

Nkpjkb56

i have had my list for what to take to the hospital but was wondering if there is anything else i will need

90% of the stuff you take will come home unused! Of all the stuff I took, I actually used:
Clean underwear
Pyjamas
Kindle
Phone
Deodorant
Toothbrush
Toothpaste
Slippers
Dressing gown
Hairbrush
Moisturiser

I took toiletries but couldn't shower straight after the op. As soon as I woke up they were pressing me to drink water, so my mouth was never dry enough to need spray. The moisturiser was badly needed as my face was really dry - the hospital was very warm.
I took a holdall full of all sorts, just in case! I'm sure everyone does the same thing:)

Don't forget a hairdryer if you want to wash your hair before the op. I took a towel but didn't need it.

Depends what operation I guess, you can't drink for 24 hours after the bypass and I found the dry mouth spray a godsend.

all I used
- washbag
- dressing gown
- pjs
- phone and charger
- paperwork
- hairbrush
- lip balm
Something to read

I took all sorts my kindle, books, magasines, toiletries e.t.c but you know what i was that zonked i just dozed and watched tv mainly with the occasional walk thrown in! I wish i had known my tv had a dvd player tho, could have taken pretty woman! x

I took one book and my iPhone.
Was wide awake. Watched tv.
Played FIFA on the iPhone and trolled Facebook and twitter.

I packed way too much.
Used toiletries, pyjamas, thick socks (Im always cold), lip balm.
Didn't use phone as much, magazines and iPad didn't make it out of the bag. I slept most of the time.
Not sure if you are male or female. I used nightdress instead of pyjama bottoms, found it slightly easier with nightdress to use the bathroom with drain and drip in tow.

Good luck x

I had a gastric bypass almost a year ago I took far too much as I packed for 3 days as was told I would be in for 3-5 days yet came out of theatre at about 5pm and was sent home less than 24 hours later lol and I was only conscious enough to do anything at all by about 3am I took:

Pjs x2
A book
4 magazines
Toiletries
Face wipes
A towel

None of which I used apart from face wipes because I wasn't in long enough and my whole time I was in the day after was spent walking round and trying to eat/drink/take meds etc ... Good luck xx

I took loads too.. I only used a clean pair of undies, slippers, pj's. I came home 5 or 6 hours after my op and in my pj's just put the cardigan on over that I had on when I went in.

On the other hand my hubby was starving and not much food on offer at weekends where I went. So if anyone is travelling with you a packed lunch might be in order and he never put his laptop down the whole day.
x

Back