• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

how much longer?

heva

hellooooo i was just wondering if anyone knew how long i should be waiting for a letter or phonecall from the hospital or pct or whoever it is that will contact me. i had my initial appointment with mr super at heartlands hospital 4 weeks ago and i think i was told i would hear something within 8 weeks am i right or have i "heard" something that hasnt actually been said lol there was so much imformation to take in at my appointment i may have got my wires crossed :) xx

Hi Heva,

Not sure what the protocol is at Heartlands regarding appointments and letters etc, but I know what its like at that first meeting with the hospital trying to remember everything that has been said.

Hopefully you wont be waiting too much longer. THeres quite a few heartlands patients here so someone in the know will be along soon x

I can't help you with the timelines up there I'm afraid, but you could ring the receptionist & ask if they've sent one or when they are planning to?
My mail is rubbish down here & I actually never received 2 appointment letters I should have, so if I wasn't periodically ringing to make sure they hadn't forgotten me, I would never have known!
The first time, I found out in time to actually attend the allotted appointment but the second time I had to arrange a new appointment, after a long argument with the snotty woman on the other end! She initally refused & told me they strike non-attendees off their list, but I argued how could I possibly attend if I never received the sodding letter???!!!! I was actually really annoyed as it was for my sleep apnoe test & it was the last thing I was waiting for. I luckliy managed to get a cancellation only a couple of weeks after the orignial appt, but it could set some peopl back weeks depending on their area. Sorry, bit rambling there wasn't I?!

Back