• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Banders Hospital Bag and night in hosp!

magicbeans

no longer obese!!
Hey all...i know there is a hospital bag thread somewhere else..but with banders we arent in for as long...so what did u take with u. i love the mouth spray idea that neen said for when its nil by mouth...i cant not tk a sip of water??! yikes! and seen the 'take a pillow for journey back' one.

after ur op how are u feeling. how rough is it. and how is ur night at the hospital...did u manage to sleep??

also i need some new clothes with the sun peeking out.should i bother buying size 22 stuff or shall i leave it and maybe i can get into smaller stuff...or does it take ages? also do i need to tk large stuff with me ...as in what did u wear home... guess jeans are a no no??

Hi magic,

I took the usual toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, panyliners, makeup, body spray) a pillow for the way home which was ace, breath spray is a must, moisturiser and lip balm. Pyjamas 1 size too big, gown and slippers. I also had some elasticated trousers for the way home.
I didnt use, wet wipes, any windeeze type tables i took or any other pain relief.

Ill update my diary later with more detail on the op and how i felt / pain but as for right now, less than 24 hours out - i feel fine, a tiny bit sore at port point.

sorry to sound dumb...where is ur diary???

Hi Magic

After my op I was so tired, just kept drifting off until about ten at night then spent the night watching telly feeling very proud of myself! Lip balm was my saviour and straws to drink through. Jo x

ok..so its not like when u have given birth and are stressing and hating being in hosp...the GA knocks u out so u dont feel too 'bored' at night?

thanks jo

this is helpfull to me to as im going to surgery this sunday il check the diaries now. Im so nervous

I had my op at 8am, and pretty much slept all day and most of the night. A pillow for the journey home was a godsend as I kipped for the whole journey. I was glad I had taken shower gel and shampoo as I was ready for a shower the next day xx

oh yeah....doh i would have forgotten about the shower! obsessed with stomach!! haha.

thanks. where do u get this mouth spray?

I got mine in Boots but to be honest I didn't use it. I did try it but it wasn't that nice. However, best to take one than regret it on the day, especially if you have a long wait.

thanks von. nice to hear from u.... so excited to see how u get on!!

Back