• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hot Flushes!

Big an Bouncy

I am well past menopause had it at 39 when I had my hysterectomy.Have had no flushes for years then had my wls in febuary and boy they have kicked in again.Now I read somewhere about the change in hormones in the stomach can do this,is this true or am I making it up!:eek:

Thanks hun but I went through the menopause 17 years ago!Had no flushes till surgery.Ive read it could be the oestrogen in the fat cells being released and it should settle.Bloody hope so!Maz x

I have heard about this Maz but dont know the science behind it.

I know its not the same but a lady I know had a bypass and lost about 10 stone in 1 year.. anyway she's late 40s and has crashed into the menopause! Her doctor said she has gone into it so rapidly because of her weight loss so she is having a tough time of it. It defo effects your hormones and mine are a mess anyway so will be interesting to see what answers you get on this.

Hope it passes soon for you hun x

i am having hot flushes i am 41, had a hysterectomy 5 years ago they removed everything so i went through menopause............................but now i have started get hot flushes toox

Im sure its the hormones in the fat being released during weightloss. after all I have read today it sounds the most likely culprit!Maz x

Is it when you have eaten? Because i get them if i eat too much sugar. However fat does store estrogen therefore when you loose weight the estrogen sort of jumps round the body a bit till you are able to get rid of it xx

Back