• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

MENOPAUSE ADVICE PLEASE

chrisa

Hi all I have been diagnosed a sgoing through the change now for the last 10 years. I have had no periods for what will be 2 years inJune. Before that I had hitty missy periods where I could go 6 month and then a year without. I suffered with hot flushes and a feeling of being unwell when it was 1st suspected in my mid 30's. I have had hot flushes on and off since then. Since my bypass I have noticed more and more hot sweats especially of an evening, I seem to get a hot flush after eating any meal, but by the time night comes the minute I get near that quilt I am swetaing, dripping even through the day sometimes to the point where my trousers feel wet on the back of my thighs and the lisks of my legs, under my boobs, under my fringe and around my nose. I am concerned and wonder if it is the menopause or dumping, I eat as healthy as I can and can't find ANY PARTICULAR PATTERN. Has any one else been experiencing these 2 together? I am only warm when I have a flush. xx:wave_cry:

penelope1008

I get that to at odd time through the day & night but know its not the menopause as had a total hysterectomy at 38 so went through it then & have nothing left to trigger those symptoms from that point of view. Sometimes the release of oestrogen stored in the fat can cause sweats. But if its that then its burning off a lot of fat with no weight loss.

Miss Tickle

I had early menopause and hadnt had flushes for years till I hade bypass. GP says the horrendous night sweats are to do with hormone changes due to weight loss and due to gall bladder disease. Have had gall bladder removed so hoping that will help.I also have a problem with my blood which may be contributing. I sweat by the way, but manage to still be cold. I take dixarit to help at night but am going to have to stop as its given me a problem with my salivary glands and caused Rauynards disease.
The night sweats is horrid. I do hope it wont last forever. I do get a hot flush after eating too. Thats the only time I'm warm
xx

Yvessa

I had early menopause and hadnt had flushes for years till I hade bypass. GP says the horrendous night sweats are to do with hormone changes due to weight loss and due to gall bladder disease. Have had gall bladder removed so hoping that will help.I also have a problem with my blood which may be contributing. I sweat by the way, but manage to still be cold. I take dixarit to help at night but am going to have to stop as its given me a problem with my salivary glands and caused Rauynards disease.
The night sweats is horrid. I do hope it wont last forever. I do get a hot flush after eating too. Thats the only time I'm warm
xx

I'm sorry to hear this :( hope you are getting help from the gp or your team:(

emmten

Pre-op and pre-menopause (just). Miss Tickle, if you don't mind me asking what kind of problems do you have with your salivary glands? Are you suffering from a dry mouth by any chance? Just when you mentioned that and raynauds, it made me wonder if it was related to Sjogrens syndrome. If not, please just ignore me.

chrisa

Hi Miss Tickle Idon't think that I have had any probs wiv me gall bladder touch wood that is . Iused to drink dilute cranberry that use to help a bit with flushes but not since bypass really, may have to try that again. ta xx Hope your problems get sorted out. x

Miss Tickle

emmten, I have saliva gland stone which is excrutiatingly painful. I'v'e never heard of Sjogrens syndrome so dont think I have it lol xx