• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How and where do you feel full?

An odd question I know, but since I had my bypass (only 2 and a half weeks ago, so still a newbie) I haven't once felt hungry but also haven't once felt full. I am curious as to how and where you feel full? I feel I eat enough, sometimes I am worried it's too much to be honest, but have no gauge for how well I am doing in that regard as I have no hunger to satisfy and it seems no full feeling to tell me I am at my limit. Am I unusual or is that a common thing?

This is pretty common early on and that's why it's so important to stick to your providers portion sizes. The first six weeks I didn't really feel restriction but from six weeks onwards I have had fantastic restriction :)

Completely normal, it will change as you go through the stages. As you are still newly bypassed you will be still quite swollen and healing, so you have to treat your new tum accordingly (like a newborn, lol), Hunger doesn't return for quite a while, and even then its not the same as before, but you will feel restriction sooner, most proberbly when you get onto soft and normal consistencies.

Hello I am just over 3 and a half months since surgery and for about the first 8 weeks I felt little if any restriction. Now I feel a lot of restriction. I think your body just needs time to heal and adjust to all that has happened to it and once things settle the real restriction sets in. Just keep your portions small and follow your nutrition guidelines and everything will fall into place for you. All the best to you :) and good luck on your journey:)

I'm 5 weeks Post op on Thursday, and I don't feel full I just feel pain and start being sick. I've got no portion sizes provided by my provider, I had half a chicken thigh this evening and it was too much. I think if you'd eaten too much your pouch would probably let you know ha x

It will definitely let you know. About five weeks out I could manage about 3-4 tablespoons of food.

It will definitely let you know. About five weeks out I could manage about 3-4 tablespoons of food.

That's a useful gauge, thanks. X

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Remember everyone's capacity is different, and can vary from day to day. I've always had quite a large capacity. It was alarming at first, but I've learned to work with it, being able to eat more doesn't mean I need to eat more to feel full.

Just to be clear - heaped tablespoons. Like Fiona, my capacity was large and not everyone could manage what I could. As long as you are eating slowly, chewing lots and not being sick or in pain you are doing it right.

Back