• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

SEPT Bypass People...HOW ARE YOU GETTING ON..?

emma-louise

my new life!!
Well..I was thinking to myself before,
when I had my operation back in sept there was lots of people on this forum who was having in done in that month.
I would love to hear how you folks are getting on..

Me at the minute,I have some sickly day,but taking meds for this.
And I do get food stuck quite often,my fluid intake needs to be better and wonder if this is why I do get food stuck often???
Ive lost over 3 and half stone up to now..

It would be great to hear from you,I hope Im not the only one who get things stuck still!..lol

Hey Emma-Louise

I'm doing great thanks... am struggling a bit with no restriction at the mo, I can eat lots & am not feeling restriction & I am being careful about what I'm eating, still losing on average 3lbs a week so whatevers going on in my body is working!!

Have my 12 week check up tomorrow so it'll be interesting to here what they say about my restriction or lack of it!

Think my problem is a rare one compared to others tho.

Well done on yr fabulous weightloss... I also struggle with fluid intake, for me thats the hardest thing post op.

Keep up the good work chick. xxx

thanks for that linzi,

Im loosing 3lbs a week too,apart from getting food stuck,Im struggling to know when to stop eating before Im too full,so I do feel sick a lot after food.
This is just going to be something I suppose Ive got to try and learn x

Hi! Great idea, there were loads of us, I think I was the last :)

I think I'm doing really well, I'm eating any food I try with.success, I've had foaming and throwing up but I'm pretty sure everytime it was not enough chewing or eating too fast. I'm learning fast though and pay much more attention!

I've lost just short of 4 stone and I'm thrilled. I started swimming about a month ago.and swims mile every day Mon-Fri. I've definitely got.more energy at times, but still feel drained on occasion and am getting quite frequent dizzy spells when I stand up. No hair loss yet other than the 8 inches I had cut off recently :D

I'm eating out most weeks, trying different food a lot, still.get a bit stuck for lunch but getting there!. I'm back to work now, which I'm enjoying too.

I've dropped from a size 28 to a 20 top and around 22/24 bottom, dropped from a 38k bra to a 36h. Even.my.shoes are looser!

I've had moments where I've felt down, mostly due to sickness but also initially I felt I was missing out by not having huge plates .of food...these days those portions turn my stomach and I'm enjoying food so much more as I'm thinking about it rather than literally shovelling It In.

As for sticking..my food has only stuck when I've taken a big bite or not chewed enough, or both. I take it na k to using a teaspoon or toddler knife and fork then, to slow myself down.

Glad to see we're all doing well do far, your losses are fabulous guys, its such a motivator isn't it?!

Hi all, Im feeling great. Freezing cold all the time. Eating pretty much everything with no problem but i do try to keep within the 5% fat and 8% sugar. I still cant drink coffee and like most of you my fluid intake could be better. I have no regrets getting my bypass done only wish i had done it sooner (think im the granny of us all).

Reactions: Bev
Havent had a weigh in since just over a week ago but I have lost 48lbs in total including the preop diet so fairly happy although do feel like I could have lost more.

Im slipping into bad habits of eating too fast and this makes me sick sometimes with stuff getting stuck from eating too fast/not chewing enough. I dont really seem to dump much and dont feel I have huge restriction but certainly cant eat the same amount by any means as preop.

Im going to reevaluate everything at my 3 months as thats when as per my diet sheet my diet should change slightly again.

I was feeling hideously sick for a while but that turned out to be the meds they gave me to help prevent gall stones.

I dont think I drink enough most days but never was a big drinker.

I have a lot of bowel issues but I guess thats something I can live with if it means I am loosing weight.

I wish I had had a bypass years ago so that I hadnt got to the stage I did.

My back and knee pains are a bit better. But now my coccyx hurts a lot :(

My periods are starting to try and come back, they just come whenever they want to and arent exactly the same as what I would call a normal one but preop I wasnt having periods at all. So Im hopeful that this will mean once I have lost enough and got to 2 years post op I will be able to try for kids, this is one of the main reasons I had the op although with my mobility and health.

I dont seem to have changed any clothes sizes yet though really although my PJs now fall down but they were 2 sizes too big for comfort.

Erm perhaps I should stop I have waffled on hehe

I'm not going to say a lot here for obvious reasons.

But just wanted to add that I've lost about 3.5 stone since the op. I too struggle with fluid intake.

I am still having a continuous period since the week before the op but I'm at the docs this morning and I'm going to bring this up. At the docs to chase up my scan for gallstones as I had a bad attack last night - excrutiating pain :(

ZNS I am going to my GP because I need to ask about my scan and my periods not because I need to ask about depression. I have suffered manic depression for 30 years and take my medication every day - I think I can recognise depression as opposed to be being p'eed off with some people.

"DOH, you're going" ??? That was your sensitive response was it?

I wasn't being aggressive.

I purposely put at the top of my response to this thread "I'm not going to say a lot here for obvious reasons" because I'm trying to start afresh today and then you bring all of last night back to this thread.

Hi Emma Louise, I'm now 13 weeks out and feeling fine!

I've lost 50lb+ since the op - so thats nearly 80lb in total. I can eat just about anything but am obviously careful about eating too much or too fast as I feel old habits creeping in if I don't watch myself and try to avoid carbs, sweets and crisps etc.

Hair is ok so far, have been taking a few supplements since before my op to hopefully keep any loss at bay but who knows what will happen next?

Have been getting a few comments from people the past few weeks about the weight loss so it's finally starting to show!!! Clothes are down by 3 or 4 sizes - my wardrobe is practically empty apart from what I have altered to fit...the sewing machine has been very busy!

If I had to pick out some down-sides then it would be that I associate every twinge or pain as something to do with the op when it really isn't. I get some joint pain etc but the doc has assured me this is just my body adjusting to the weight loss and it will settle with time and exercise.

I hope all my fellow September oppers are feeling good and best of luck in the future. x

I didnt have a bypass but my op was in September!

I am doing fine at the moment, trying to get as much fluid in as i can and taking all the supliments i have been told and eating well and feeling...pretty great to be honest.
Ive lost 4 stone in total so far and need to get weighed this week so may have lost more.

I am having great restriction at the moment, but sometimes it is a little too strict (last night i managed one mouthful of pork lol) but im happy with it being strict as i am loving losing weight!

Glad everyone else seems to be getting on well.

p.s. to the two ladies who are having crossed words (zns and slimmerkay) this is why i hate having convos on computers as something can be read completely differently to what was intended. Lets not fight amongst ourselfs eh?
Love to all xxxxxxxxxxxxx

This is an interesting thread... it's amazing how fast time is going with op's... hope you are feeling much better Em... xxx

Emma... I forgot to say... four stones is a brilliant weight loss love! xxx

Well I'm going to answer in here because I SHOULD have been in Sept...but they bumped me, lol! I feel quite happy with where I am at the minute, 50 lbs down from when I started. Dumped once, and I have had the odd sicky/off day, but I'd like to think I've come off quite lightly (no pun intended) compared to some lovelies who are still having a bad time of it xxxx

Emma... I forgot to say... four stones is a brilliant weight loss love! xxx

Thanks Bev, i havent been on here much recently but have been thinking about you...how are you doing/feeling? xxxxx

Back