• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How bizarre do our minds work!

Mixman

OK, I'm on the 3rd day of milk/yoghurt diet. I've not cheated one little bit and finding it very very easy.

It's more than 72 hours since I had my last celebratory (probably my last ever) McDonalds. A large burger meal with chocolate milkshake + a burger on it's own. A regular feed whilst driving to work for a night shift!

So that's more than 3 days on just milk/yoghurt/occasional fizzy drink.

So I ask myself, why do I need an operation? If I can do something, which to me, is so extreme. Why can't I just eat sensibly?

I'm probably going to answer it myself by saying "It's because of the threat of not getting the gastric bypass done" And it probably is! So why doesn't the threat of very early death give me this kick up the ass?

Sorry if I'm being deep or philosophical. I just wanted to get my thoughts out!

maybe your finding it easier as you know your working towards your goal and there will be light at the end of the tunnel. Picture it this way. If you had to do milk diet for a year would you find it so easy??

Shell

hi mixman,

i know what you mean, you would think that the thought of dying early would help you to stick to your diet. if only it were that easy.......lol.
if you're anything like me you will have tried every diet under the sun and in your heart you know that its only the threat that you wont be able to have your bypass thats spuring you on. its probably yours and my only chance to be a 'normal' weight.
i hope it all goes well for you and i hope you will keep us all posted as to how your surgery goes :) good luck, tasha xxx

I'm sure is all true, and the fact that we know we can stick to this for 2 weeks, but couldn't possibly live on milk and yoghurt until we'd lost all we need to!!

What your talking about here is the will power to undertake a "self control" diet !

Self control diets dont work, and you know that, if they did work then these companies that sell life style diets, diet products and foods would go out of business, therefore there wouldn't be any LL, CD, weight watchers etc, because quite simply we'd have all lost the weight, maintained and wouldn't need those self control diets anymore.

Statistically only 5% of those that manage to lose weight through conventional dieting manage to maintain long term, a staggering 95% regain the weight and more !

So back to you - your doing a week or 2 week liquid diet thats a means to an end, you have a goal date that this will end so its not for life, faced with consuming a 800 calorie a day liquid replacement diet you'd probably not be able to maintain your current resolve and fold, and if you did actually manage to lose through a replacement or conventional diet then chances are you wont have fixed your food demon and will regain it......... Simply put your where you are now because like the rest of us WLS paitents you simply cant do it alone.

I suppose we have all asked ourselves that question after every type of diet we tried. Looking at the milk diet i could only eat liquids for 3 months after coming back ill from holiday two years ago, i dropped 3 dress sizes and did'nt find it a prob until ............... there were no side effects so solid food was soon put back down my throat and the weight piled on all over again. I'm also a smoker and i know i shouldnt be doing it for the obvious reasons but still i do it. So i guess what i'm trying to say is i think as SS says we can only do it for so long alone but not long enough so we have no choice left to us but WLS xx

This is kinda how I am feeling. The only permanent solution I am gonna find is wls but as a food addict I will have to be on gaurd at all times. There's times when I feel a little ashamed that I can't 'control myself' but that's me and I need to give myself the opportunity of experiencing a normal life and I dunno any other way that'll help me to achieve this.:)

Back