• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Milk diet - tmi post warning!!

juju_doll

juju_doll
So, today is my 5th day of the milk diet and although it's nowhere as dreadful as I felt on the first few days my stomach has been upset constantly. So much so that when I've needed to do a bm its been very upset!! Is this the case the whole time on the milk diet - I'd heard people get constipated and I can't understand why! I'm the complete opposite!! Help!

So, today is my 5th day of the milk diet and although it's nowhere as dreadful as I felt on the first few days my stomach has been upset constantly. So much so that when I've needed to do a bm its been very upset!! Is this the case the whole time on the milk diet - I'd heard people get constipated and I can't understand why! I'm the complete opposite!! Help!
maybe you are lactose intollerent?

Maybe but I've never had an issue before? I have milk on cereal every day, drink it in tea, eat yoghurt etc. Did you do the milk diet and didn't have problems?

Could it be the amount of milk daft question I know as it's called the milk diet for a reason but when you only have it in cereals,tea,coffee it may only be 1/2 pint a day if that so if you did have any issues you may not think it's the milk but having to drink soo much and not much else well your little body is in shock!

I think you could be completely right, I am seeing my nutritionalist tonight so I'm going to ask her if it's OK to swap to a more 'real food' diet. Even half a weetabix in the morning and some chicken salad at night would be better than this and might sort my tummy out a bit. Another question, did anyone else drink Diet Coke during their pre op diet or did you avoid that too? I know I can't have it post op ...

I didn't I just stuck to my list and what was on it. Good luck I bet you are excited! Just stick to the rules and listen to your body!! X

Another question, did anyone else drink Diet Coke during their pre op diet or did you avoid that too? I know I can't have it post op ...

I was told by the hospital dietitian not to have any carbonated drinks at all during the pre op diet. When I asked why she didn't really seem to know but thought it was more to get used to not having fizzy pop after the op rather than any clinical reason. But I didn't want to risk anything so did as I was told :)

Potter x

No fizz at all during my LSD just pineapple / orange/blackcurrant sf squash rarely have fizz now just boats me out

So I saw my nutritionalist today who was lovely and told me to change from milk to low carb real food. I'm allowed a weetabix in the morning, and some chicken and veg at night with some milk throughout the day. I could have kissed her!! 8 days to go!

Im dreading having to do the pre op diet! I hope you get some good info from your appointment. must be horrible having stomach problems the whole time. Whats your daily intake with the milk diet? is it literally ALL milk?

3 pints of milk and that was all. I've had a little bit of chicken tonight and immediately I feel better!

Phew!! Im glad you feel better and that you can start adding some real food. Must have been horrible. i dunno if i could handle just drinking milk. How long have you had to do your pre op diet for? 2 weeks?

Yep, 2 weeks - I'm on day 7 so nearly half way. I've done many vlcds in the past so I thought this might be easy - I was wrong!

I'm getting used to it now, having chicken in the evening has really helped and I lost 12lbs in the first week so I'm pretty sure it's done the job of shrinking my liver! Only 3 days to go now thank goodness. I've bought protein shakes for post op as you get more protein for your volume and I really don't think I can face more milk! They are also a range of flavours that might be nice. I just need to get through the next 3 days without killing someone ....

You've come so far the winners line is just around the corner, keep up the good work

Exactly what Los In It said.. You've come this far, these last 3 days wont beat you :D So close to the end of a bad chapter and to the start of a new story! You'll do great. Keep us updated. Best of luck xx

OH!! And Congrats on the loss. 12lb in a week is amazing. you'll be in size 10s before you know it. LUCKY!! im more than just a bit jealous lol

Last edited:
Back