• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How did you choose the best wls for you?

thinnerangela said:
I should have had a bypass but was sent to Leeds Nuffield and could have the op I really wanted

I wanted a DS because

1) More likelihood of diabetes resolution - though it took 11 months
2) Possibility of eating a more "normal" diet
3)weight loss greater
4) Regain less likely
5) Maladsorption greater - so I'm more likely to stay away from the foods that cause DS bowels!!

Am about 7 lbs form the magic BMI of 25 - so its worked far better than I thought

xx

That is awesome!

Like you i am still undecided but having researched the options i think i am swaying towards a bypass as i am both a bulk eater but also have a sweet tooth so think bypass might be best for me. i am waiting for my appointment to see the Bariatric team to discuss my options and get their opinion, after all they are the professionals who deal with this every day. Good luck in whatever you decide. xxx

Well I just found put that my insurance only pays for the band. I'm a volume eater but a sweet eater as well. Any banders have a sweet tooth?

I listened to my surgeons advice... i chose the bypass!

A band wouldn't work for me because i've a sweet tooth, saying that i don't dump on the bypass (i think because i'm diabetic my body handles the sugar differently) however my craving for chocolate has more or less disappeared now. I do sometimes share a slice of cake with my hubby if were out and having a mid morning break and this is a treat, but this is also me living a 'normal' life....

Another sugar addict here.

Chocolate was my life, I ate it every single day, and without the risk of dumping, I would still be eating chocolate every single day.

xxx

I did my research prior to seeing the surgeon and had pretty much decided that a bypass was the way for me. Besides being a sweet eater I was really put off with the fiddling about that was necessary with a band. I know how lazy I can be and that wouldn't work for me.

I spoke with the surgeon and he went through all of the options with me and he thought the bypass was definitely the best option for me and boy was he right. My bypass was the best money I have ever spent.

Back