• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How Did You Deal With Clothing Once The Weight Dropped?

EighteenStoneGirl

This is one thing I'm having a problem with.

If you're losing weight at a rapid weight, how can you possibly keep up with buying new clothes?

I'm currently a UK size 24, I've no idea how I'm going to afford 22s, 20s and 18s every couple of months once the weight starts to come off.

Does anyone know if there's a free 'I'm ditching my bigger sizes' type group anywhere for people like us, rather than constantly having to buy smaller sizes?

And if not, I'd love to start one!

No shame to say....charity shops for me x
I would have never afforded the cost of different size every month.
And most of the time the stuff they sell is like new or new x

Belts and a friend who could take waist bands in.

Charity shops in my town are nearly as expensive as cheaper new clothes shops (our closest Primark is nearly 2 hours away on the train so we are a captive crowd and the charity shop managers know it).

I went from a 24/26 to a 18/20 with the same clothes. It was only after that I needed to buy.

My support group at the hospital does a swap shop I think. Maybe you could suggest it if you have a group to go to?? xx

eBay, I sold my big stuff and use the money to buy smaller things, leggings are great aswell they'll do you through 2 or 3 sizes :)

i live in leggings and big baggy tops so hoping mine will do a few months but if not maybe try carboots ebay or if on facebook there are plenty of selling pages that might have some cheap

Unfortunately I need to be really smart for work, so I had to buy clothes that I knew wouldn't fit for very long however, eBay can be your friend. Plus it's a delight buying smaller sizes opposed to needing to go bigger ;) x

Soon be Car boot season plenty of bargains to be had there, I carried on wearing my size 24 jeans until they were falling down, I was amazed to be able to fit into a size 18 jeans! Tops the majority of them I'm still wearing my biggest size for every day, I have bought a few sale bits of smarter tops for when we go out, I don't want to buy too much as I drop sizes.

eBay is great for selling ure clothes and use the money to buy new ones, or try Gum Tree? Sometimes online sales are great like ASOS and New Look have good online sales x

leggings and tops asda, Tesco etc Primark all cheap n cheerful. you will manage Ihave been like 2nd hand Rose, mam, friends etc, odd charity shop, sales etc. x

Everything5pounds.com is my saviour.

When you see the larger model with long dark hair on their Facebook page, you know everything will be 16 to 32 the next day. She's a size 16. Sizes of stuff shown by other models are often hit and miss for me size wise...

I got two roll neck jumpers delivered today that are really nice and were £5 ea. they are labeled c&a. Going to send them back though as although good size - they fit too well and not neat enough to do me next winter. If I drop one more size, I think I'll be doing well...

i do have lot of stuff in smaller sizes from my smaller days it will not be in fashion but i dont care i tend not to follow fashion anyway i like to be different and individual

Leggings & loose fitting tops are fine initially, decent leggings from Sainsburys & Asda, when your at 18 or under your back comfortably on High Street & h&m large and Primark 18 fitted me at 14st (1'm 5'6) - still reasonably priced & will be great for the summer with nice flip flops & longer line t shirt :)

Mainly Ebay and cheap £5 websites. Mainly buying dresses. Still fit into some of my larger clothes and dreading selling them as became a comfort for so many years. But suppose all part of the process of letting go and recovery process.

Some great advice here. I would not have thought about clothes after surgery. I have thought about buying one full outfit as my aim to fit into eventually.

I was size 30/32 now in size 20/22 trouser & 18 top & dresses. To be honest I've bought a pair of jeans each size dropped since I got to 26. Tops I've bought a few. Many of my larger top are still ok to wear just loose! I don't intend to get much until I'm at goal! I'm going to sort out all larger sizes & try sell on eBay & save money made for new clothes x

Larger sizes seem to sell really well on eBay .. Lots of larger people hate shopping on the high street for hit n miss bargains ..

Thank heavens for eBay is my mantra lol

love ebay but i have decided with my old clothes as i grow out of them i am going to have a memory quilt made from them as a reminder of what used to be good and bad times at different stages of my largeness

love ebay but i have decided with my old clothes as i grow out of them i am going to have a memory quilt made from them as a reminder of what used to be good and bad times at different stages of my largeness

Fab idea, I think I might pinch this so I never go back there!! xx

Back