• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Travelling post band surgery . . .how did you feel?

top_kat

Hi everyone,

Have come across the forum today and what a wonderful place!

I am a single mum of 1 and as such, am travelling up to Birmingham for my surgery on 23rd August. It has been difficult to make arrangements for my son to be looked after and I have been refused surgery as a day case due to my BMI etc.

As such, I've gone for a later admission time so that I have time to get there (I will be travelling up by train), however, it is also possible that I will have to travel home by train too.

I am just wondering for those who have had band surgery how you felt physically post surgery . . .I am concerned that I am not going to be well enough to travel by train.

One of my work colleagues said they could possibly come and collect me, but no-one else apart from one family relative knows what I am having done. As such, she is the one who will be looking after my son.

My patient care co-ord (Im going through Healthier Weight) has said that its only 10 mins by taxi to the station, and the journey is about 90 mins with one change. Am I likely to feel up to this though?

I don't know what other options I am going to have.

Any thoughts much appreciated

Kat x

Back