• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How Did You Deal With Clothing Once The Weight Dropped?

love ebay but i have decided with my old clothes as i grow out of them i am going to have a memory quilt made from them as a reminder of what used to be good and bad times at different stages of my largeness

One dress of mine would make a quilt all on its own :8855:

and mine but i figured doing this was the way i needed to go i wanted a keepsake if you like but didnt want the whole item of clothing from each memory so to cut up and quilt was what i came up with for example what i was wearing when my grandkids were born and their first outfits can be incorporated together for the happy times they were and the suit i wore to say goodbye to my dad etc etc

I've spent £35 on new clothes in 5 months.

£16 on a warm Next jumper that I've worn over everything to keep me warm. It hides the too loose under tops and has been my friend through the freezing cold side effects.

£5 on a lighter jumper, 2 for £5 tshirts to layer under it and £8 on a pair of thick leggings from matalan.

Rest has been worn til falling off and I was lucky that I'd kept some smaller size clothes from previous weight loss, mainly jeans but I am into the last of these now. I've gone from a 24/26 to a 18/20.

My birthday is at the end of April so what I plan to do is just ask for money/vouchers for it so I can go clothes shopping as I really am changing shape now. I'm crossing my fingers that I might be nearing a 16/18 in bottoms by then. It's another 6 weeks so doable.

It'll work out as these things do. Summer clothing tends to be a bit cheaper than winter stuff too so supermarkets and just getting the basics will help. Accessorise to make it look different :)

Oh if you buy some elastic there's a pic somewhere of stitching it into the back of jeans to stop the builders bum. That would work great for helping jeans last for longer as you shrink down.

When I lost loads of weight before, I used to tie hair bands onto the waistband of leggings, combats and trackies.

Spent the last few hours sorting and listing items on Ebay and re-arranging clothes in smaller sizes into wardrobe in preparation for returning to work on Tuesday. Also repairing bras to make them smaller.

i have clothes all the way down to a size 12 bought in sales years ago ready for weight loss

i love ebay, lose out on way more than i win cos i bid low

my biggest expense has been bra's as ive dropped 3 back sizes since surgery which has forced me into a j cup again, can only get bras for those bad boys online

I have clothes from a period of 10 years that vary is size from 8-22.Im keeeping them all until my weight settles post band which was done on valentines day already gone from 22 to size 18.

I can't wait to have that clothes size problem....looking forward to buying lots of new smaller clothes too!

I went from a 22 to a 18 without buying anything at all... I just looked a mess and didn't care. I found a few 18 and 16 tops from years ago and have used them. Everytime Sainsburys do a 25% off my mum buys me a couple of tops. Ive had some cardigans off my sister and an £18 coat. A few weeks ago I sold all my 22,20,18 on facebook to a woman who was also loosing weight fast. I then bought a really nice top from ebay. I like many others wear leggings often so have been ok. I found a lovely denim jacket from 9 years ago in my draw thats a 16 and wear it daily. If you open my wardrobe there is hardly anything in it but I want to wait till im a 14 then ill start filling.
I did manage to buy a pair of knee high boots that zipped up over my calfs just fine. That was such a happy shock I ended up buying 3 colours.

Good luck x

Send my a p.m. I have lots of 18/20 stuff you are welcome to, some roman originals some marks and spencer etc I can post you.

not sure if many have a lidl close but they are doing leggings tops etc this week from £3.99 might be worth a look if you have 1 close

I'm currently a UK size 24, I've no idea how I'm going to afford 22s, 20s and 18s every couple of months once the weight starts to come off.

Hi EighteenStoneGirl,

I have no idea either but am looking forward to the challenge! I am also 18 stone (or very close) so we have that in common.

Welcome. :)

I've found that I wore my clothes even when they were too big for me,

I'm a ten top, twelve bottoms now, but still get into the 14's and 16's, I never went through tonnes of clothes and just bought cheapy clothes when I absolutely had to.

I've found that I wore my clothes even when they were too big for me,

I'm a ten top, twelve bottoms now, but still get into the 14's and 16's, I never went through tonnes of clothes and just bought cheapy clothes when I absolutely had to.

You're correct but suppose also due to different manufactures sizing methods

Putting any money made on Ebay for sale of clothing towards a new ISA.

Back