• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

EATING TOO MUCH!!

thinkslim

Hi all

i think i have a big problem i am starving all the time and eating anything in sight!!
I had my band fitted on 9th oct and have no restriction at all. I have gained 2lb already and am worried i'm going to gain all my pre op weight loss before i have a fill.
Did anyone else feel like this so soon after their op??
I'm so annoyed with myself for not having any willpower.
Is there anyone near me who has had the op and fancies meeting for a cuppa??

thanks for reading my rant!!

claire
xxx

Hi Claire I have not had the band but there are a few on here that have struggled at the start with no restriction like you, I am sure they will be along soon to reassure you. I think the concensus is it's strong will power until you start getting fills and restriction. How long before you get your first one?...xx

hi claire
dont worry i was the same i could of eaten a horse a week or so after the op..
up untill my first fill i was thinking what the hell have i gone and spent all that money on this and i have failed..
it is very normal it is your body trying to adapt.
this journey is very long but hey before you know it you will start to loose..
i had to tell myself this is not a quick fix this is a life changing experience...
i live in wales also maybe we could meet halfway?
i am 9weeks and have lost only 20lb but as long as it stays off i am happy..
emmax

really dont worry babe i had my band on 10th sept and am eating pretty much as i did befor at the moment i only lost weight for the first 3 weeks now im struggling hard not to put any back on but i think i probably have, BUT the clinic did warn me this would happen i dont have any restriction and am living on willpower alone, if my willpower was any good i wouldnt have needed band to start with! so your not alone it is normal just think like i do by christmas you should have restriction and will go into the new year with a new start xx good luck chin up

hi all
my first fill is booked for 5th nov same time as my xray.
I just hope i get some restriction!!
I am feeling the same as you e green why did i spend all this money and putting weight back on!!!
e.green maybe we could meet in cardiff before xmas for a cuppa?
Who is providing your after care? I haven't got any but have asked doctor to refer me to the dietician (its free!!)
claire
xx

hi claire
WLS i have got for aftercare and i go to cardiff for my fills. i have my next fill on the 17th november..
yeah we could meet in cardiff for a coffee hun
emmax

I had mine done 5 weeks tomorrow:D, and for the last two weeks been eating pretty much the same as before ,not as much as i just dont want it but all the same foods well except bread:eek:

I decided before the op that i would not look at my diet until i get fills sorted as nearly everything you read states that the band is only in place its not activated, and that weight loss hopefully starts with the fills ,so my time in between is me getting fit and back to my pre op self so that my body can deal with the fills. As its another thing that the body is not designed to have .

So yes iv gained 4 lbs :eek: lol, but im not fussed as to be honest the start of this journey was the op but the main part for me is my first fill that's when the fun begins:D

I don't know if this helps but what I am doing is this, I am making sure my calories sit at a certain level, between 1000-1200, if it means eating 4 times a day to start with, then thats okay.

I am getting that feeling too, that I could cope with most things.

But I am trying to restrict as much as possible. I drink loads and that helps too. And fill up on free foods with hardly any calories. Mash potato is my saviour!

But as the others say, it's not really working until they hit the sweet spot with fills, so please do not lose heart, the weight will soon start just walking away and you will be glad of this small anount of respite.

Good luck with your journey :D

Honey that is such a good way of looking at it...xx

thank you :),

the one thing i see so much is people getting upset that they gain after the op but pre fill. and i can see how they feel but all the research i did came to the same conclusion!. that its not an active band yet (ohh but it will be lol) and to just get yourself fit and ready for the next step.

Like i said i made my desision before my op so im sticking with it lol

Back