• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

how difficult is the liver shrinking diet ?

martinails

ok the reason were here in the first place (for me anyway) is because i like food so the liver shrinking diet looks very hard because i am constantly hungry.I know its necassary and a small price to pay to be hungry for 3 weeks but i was just wondering if anyone can share there experience and tell me any secrets to coping
thank you xxxxxxx

You will get used to it after about 3 days and if you follow the diet plan to the letter, you shouldn't even feel hungry :D
Maybe you might have a bit of head hunger but if you keep in mind how much weight you could lose before your op and therefore make your op go well and your recovery quick that should keep most temptations at bay ;)

Its a misconception that you are hungry,if you dont think you can hack the preop diet wait till postop,its a whole different ball game!

My way to stop drooling over food was to come on here and read all the success stories :) it worked a treat x

The approach I took is that this is going to change my life and that I'd be a fool to mess it up ! The fact it had also cost us £5k out of our own pocket was a motivating factor!!

Thing of the future and not the present - what you put in your mouth now could stop you getting what you really want in a few months. Worked a treat for me!

I was thinking about this myself and thought the hardest one to follow would be the milk one if you like your food at least with the protein one your getting something and after finding a post on here somewhere looks like a fair amount of food on it

I found it pretty easy to be honest and the fact that the op was costing £7k helped to lol. We even went to the seaside everyone had fish n chips I had water and an apple :). And after 3 days your not hungry anyway. It's only for a short time! And it does get ur head ready for the post op diet x

Hi im on day 6 of my preop diet and to be honest its fine i find i am eating more than i have been for a few months and the weight seems to be dropping off which is good, the tiredness is rough thou i did kick boxing and aqua fit on mon & wed nd by yesterday i was totally drained and jusy wanted to sleep all day so just take it easy at the gym i put off going yesterday cause of the way i felt but good luck when is your op date ? x

I had a fairly easy time ...day1 ... hungry but VERY determined, day2 really hungry but doubly determined, day 3 & 4 low grade headache, not quite so hungry, rest of the time still a bit hungry but focused on the big picture. Kept myself busy but not exercise as it will make you more tired on such a restricted diet. There is plenty of time for that after your op. As Maz said, it gets you in training for the hard work post op ... :D:D xxx

Hopefully very soon everything sorted just waiting for the date they said 6 or 8 weeks really nervous but excited too xxxxxxx

to be honest i found it very hard, i was on 2 weeks 1000 cal diet, but i didnt start properly till week 2, I ended up doing a liquid diet for a week because I panicked that my liver wouldnt of shrunk. So just follow your plan and first few days are the worst but you can do it x

martinails said:
Hopefully very soon everything sorted just waiting for the date they said 6 or 8 weeks really nervous but excited too xxxxxxx

Ooooo! I'm excited for you too. Personally, I HATE THE PRE-OP DIET! Lol. Mainly because of the way your emotions go nuclear all at once after the third day. But it's all worth it. Let us know how you get on with the op date. Good luck. X

I had to do 4 weeks day one and two were really difficult but I settled into it, found drinking plenty of water helped lots, good luck x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back