• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How do you not faint in the first weeks?

wombat

I have had my surgery last friday. Since then I have lost 9kg (stone and a half) and it is great.
Just I am feeling sooo weak! I also got tonsilitis and in the last few days have been feeling like a complete poo (temperature up to 40 degrees celcium). I got some medcines - antibiotics and paracetamol for it and feeling slightly better, but I just feel like I am going to faint any minute and I can't put two words together - my brain does not work...

Also I am feeling really lightheaded and dizzy...

I deffo have enought fluids - I am actually suprised I can get so much into myself, bit food - there is the problem. I am supposed to be on a liquid diet till this friday (will be two weeks). And during this time all I had was youghurt (plain) and soup.

And in the last fe days I haven't been having much of it either... I recon I get into myself 400kcal max. I just can't have more soup and youghurt....

Does it gets better after we start on pureed or sof food?

Hi Wombat, gosh you're having a hard time of it! Sounds like you need to really push some more calories, have you tried some complan or similar?

But, that said, it doesn't sound good at all, and if I were you I would go back to your GP just to be on the safe side. I felt fine at your stage, but then I didn't have tonsillitis ;)

In fact, if you are feeling fuzzy headed and are slurring or struggling to talk, then a trip to a&e might be in order. There is a risk of minor strokes following any surgery due to blood clots etc, which can affect your ability to think/speak.

I would definitely see GP.

You need to get this sorted as you are meant to be healing from surgery.

Can you cope with Slimfast, they have 220 cals per bottle, so 2 of those added to tour day would help, plus they have all the vits.

hi, i had similar problem about 3 weeks after op, went and saw GP and she sent me to A&E at hosp where i had op. Turns out i was dehydrated and not eating enough (i was on liquidized ), i had another swallow test to make sure there was no blockage, and they gave me fluid drip and also monitered meals, to make sure i was tolerating food, which luckily i was, i was sent home after 3 days and have been fine since then.
I would defo go to either your GP or A&E and get yourself checked out, hope you get sorted x

I'm hoping you are reading this after going to A & E or your gp as an emergency...

You are definitely in need of assistance, i hope you get it soon. Keep us posted xx

Hello everyone! :)

Thank you all for your advice :)

Today I am feeling much better. I think it was tonsilitis and high temperature + undereating.

Today drugs finally kicked in and yeserday I had a milkshake made with milk and banana flavoured cambridge diet foodpack. So I got some energy in now.

Will be trying to eat more from now on :)

Good :)

Heres what I was roughly eating at your stage -

7.00am - yakult/equivalent
8.00am - milky coffee
10.00am - small yoghurt
12.00noon - chicken soup with extra cheese
2.30pm - milky coffee
5.00pm - mash with cheese
8.00pm - milk or yoghurt

In between I was having lots of NAS squash in lots of different flavours to keep my interest.

Back